Who else has an LP and SG?

BeanoFAN

Reaction score
Hey folks! just curious of who else has an SG to accompany their LPs? I got the SG first about a year ago. I always thought that owning one or the other was all you needed, that you didn't need both. I was wrong lol. I fell in love with LPs, and got a classic about a month ago (I've posted about it several times).

Now after getting an LP, it helped me understand the SG. Meaning, I now see why they made it thin/light and a couple cut. You can see why they would want those features coming from the traditional les Paul. That being said, I respect those differences and embrace them. I do think that the LP is a guitar that is pretty damn close to perfection in terms of design and playability. It just feels "right".

As for tone, I notice the SG has a bit more treble, which could be described as "bite". The LP sounds more "rounded". More bass and mids, which could be described as "creamier".

So, who else has this awesome combo? Lets see 'em!
28947297_1435065423285720_6448820672171165419_o.jpg

Alvin Hendrix

Reaction score
SG through a Wizzard when I m going for Angus tones. The studio will bring it in so I can rock out properly but I prefer it through a Marshall. The Les Paul I run through a pair of JTM-100 Hendrix stacks. One with the Dookie mod that the studio bought from him.

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
SG through a Wizzard when I m going for Angus tones. The studio will bring it in so I can rock out properly but I prefer it through a Marshall. The Les Paul I run through a pair of JTM-100 Hendrix stacks. One with the Dookie mod that the studio bought from him.

Liar.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Ummm.... Yea.... Would love to see your pics of your Gibson SG with your Gibson LP.

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
FUN thread. Y'alls got some REAL BEAUTS there.

Here are mine:

IMG_3097.JPG

Norlin era SG Deluxe (Firebrand)--although it has a decal, rather than actual branding as the originals did

l-r (back) 1990 Standard, 1991 Custom, 2004 Standard, 2008 Axcess

(front) 2010 R0 (V3 Gold Book) and 2010 R9 (Ikebe)

And OF COURSE, my BESTEST jammin' buddy, FJ with his Standard
IMG_3098.JPG

Cjsinla

Reaction score
I thought you were looking to buy two stacks, at least that’s what you said in your other thread. We need pics of your gear right away, if not, you are a liar.

Alvin Hendrix

Reaction score
I thought you were looking to buy two stacks, at least that’s what you said in your other thread. We need pics of your gear right away, if not, you are a liar.

I posted a video of me playing my Les Paul and Marshall live.

Latest Threads