White vs. Black

marson

Reaction score
alright guys, i dont know when, but im imagining my next lp to be a classic custom :applause: either that, or ill buy a used custom or something, im not sure which would be better. but imo the torrefied fretboards dont look as bad as everyone thinks they do. anyways, i can't decide for the life of me which i like better, white, or black. personally, i largely prefer a black lp with chrome hardware rather than gold hardware, but as far as white goes, im fine. so tell me MLP, what's a better looking lp, white or black?

bobarino

Reaction score
never seen a white one.

of the 4 colors i've seen, i like natural the most, then gold, then black, then cream.

upl8tr

Reaction score
I'm totally biased towards white as it's by far my fav, but i have to say the pics that have been posted here makes me think the white is stunning regardless of my own pref.

I would also say that black is by far the more popular choice for LP's in gen, so if it's a guitar that you may not be keeping it's worth taking that into account as selling it on should be easier.

So basically what I'm saying is: It's up to you...:hmm:

Good luck whichever you choose and don't forget the Pics! :thumb:

**Edit, I just had a look and as Bob said in the post above the CC is Cream, still stunning looking, but not white.

marson

Reaction score
never seen a white one.

of the 4 colors i've seen, i like natural the most, then gold, then black, then cream.
cream is what i meant... wait whats the difference between white and cream?

bobarino

Reaction score
here's the difference:

0E6fV.jpg

8AhuK.jpg

04renostar

Reaction score
of the new classic customs I think the black looks better than the cream. However, it's not may favorite of the available colors... I kinda like the Wine Red, then the natural, then the black, gold. The cream is also an option, but its hard to find right now.

If you're looking for a used Custom, you can find them with nickle or chrome hardware, you'll just have to look around. You could always change out the hardware if needed. Also keep in mind that the Custom is a different guitar than the Classic Custom, but either way it sounds like you're heading towards a very nice guitar. Good luck with your choices.

Regardless of which one you go for, post some photos when NGD gets here

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
The black and the cream ones are great looking. I think I'd get the cream one, just cause I've never owned one that color. :slash:

marson

Reaction score
I'm totally biased towards white as it's by far my fav, but i have to say the pics that have been posted here makes me think the white is stunning regardless of my own pref.

I would also say that black is by far the more popular choice for LP's in gen, so if it's a guitar that you may not be keeping it's worth taking that into account as selling it on should be easier.

So basically what I'm saying is: It's up to you...:hmm:

Good luck whichever you choose and don't forget the Pics! :thumb:

**Edit, I just had a look and as Bob said in the post above the CC is Cream, still stunning looking, but not white.
well, what would the difference be between a classic custom and say an old custom? are we talking woods, pickups, neck shape? maybe an ebony fretboard? also, not sure if anyone here knows this, but was randy's les paul a cream one? :cool:

in2madness

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Black Customs and not too keen on Alpine White. But a couple of months ago came across the Classic Customs in a dealer where they had the Black and Cream side by side and I gotta say if I had been taking one of them home I think it would have been the Cream one. Whichever one you go for I don't think you can make a bad choice.

HarleyJohansson

Reaction score
wait wait... is there an official, off the shelf finish now called cream?... I always thought real "cream" meant a pretty aged what was once an alpine white! And I don't think I really like new alpine whites that much.

and a BB with chrome..... NOOOOOO!!

(i don't care, each to their own)

Latest Threads