White Gibson Les Paul Studio (2009)

Rob the Photog

Reaction score
I remember one or more of the members here saying they were shopping around for a white Les Paul recently. I just found this and thought I'd share. I have no affiliation with this listing or the seller, other than I like to shop there when I can.

scozz

Reaction score
Those are really nice looking LPs! I love the contrast of white body and ebony fretboard, I like em’ even better with chrome or nickel hardware.

BKS

Reaction score
I always love watching them when white les pauls show up local. These are not mine Just showing them.

Gibson Les Paul Custom White 1987
€ 3.200,00

USA Heritage 1991 Les Paul H150 -alpine white & Hiscox case.
€ 1.450,00

jake_and_elwood

Reaction score
I didn't think 2009 was elderly. I am actually starting a 2009 studio rebuild and refinish from a husk. Gonna be TV yellow.
I am on the fence about the pickups. I have a set of '71 PAF's that I was going to put in, but I'm not sure.

Rob the Photog

Reaction score
I didn't think 2009 was elderly.
Elderly Instruments is just the name of the shop. They specialize in vintage instruments, but they don't discriminate. :) Not long ago they had a used 2018 Les Paul Traditional for sale. They also sell lots of new products, mainly Fender for electrics, but they have a great selection of acoustic instruments from beginner-level to very high end (read: expensive). They carry pretty much anything with strings: all flavors of guitars (acoustic, electric, bass, tenor, resonator, etc.), mandolins, violins, dobros, dulcimers, banjos, harps... They’ve been around for over 45 years, so they know their stuff. The coolest thing is that their shop feels like someone’s old house, and most of the inventory is within arm’s reach, even the expensive stuff! :)

Sorry for going on and on... They’re my favorite shop! I used to live down the road from them... I miss those days.

grumphh

Reaction score
One thing people should realize about Studios from that time period, is that they are essentially hollowbodies (or perhaps semi acoustics without F-holes) - the mahogany part of the body is hollowed out, except for support under the bridge and PU's and a small compartment for the controls.

Chambered-Weight-Relief-LP[1].jpg

Essentially Gibson used this way excessive "chambering" on a bunch of LP's (not just Studios) from somewhere around 2007/8 to appr. 2012/13 (if someone has the correct years, by all means post them).

I bought one of these for the aestetics (yeah, they look cool, and i'm shallow :) ) and hadn't realized that they were built in this way, and all i can say is that i had it for ~10 days before i sold it on.

Two main reasons for that, the absurdly light body together with the fat "50's" neck, made the guitar neck heavy* (which a Les Paul should just never be), and my particular guitars tone just lacked low end solidity...
The tone thing could of course be an individual trait, but i strongly suspect that it has something to do with the (ultra light) body construction method...

* The way i strap on a guitar (high) means that neck heavy guitars simply make my shoulder hurt because i constantly try to compensate for the neck moving down. No straps, no nothing helps - to me: Neck heavy = unplayable.

TorzJohnson

Reaction score
Weight relief of any kind is a big plus for me. Makes the guitar so much more enjoyable to hold and play.

I must have a tin ear because my weight relieved 2008 sounds absolutely terrific to me.

Latest Threads