White Customs are COOL!!

Spiteface

Reaction score
I love this thread.

Whether they're immaculate gleaming alpine beauties, aged creamy yellow or anything inbetween, white Les Paul Customs are things of beauty.

Nard

Reaction score
The first Les Paul I ever played was a white custom owned by the lead player in my mates band. I can say without doubt it was the best and coolest guitar I ever picked up in my life and that even includes my beloved 90's Standard.

wizard1183

Reaction score
I'll play! My 1974 non-20th Anniversary Alpine White LPC: I have a 70s LP case. Not this el cheapo its seen in.

eightbug

Reaction score
A white custom thread! Yes!

So it turns out I have another Les Paul from Norlin period. My other one being #610 in the Norlin period thread.

It is a Les Paul Custom from 1979 and according to the shop where I bought it the finish is not that common. It is called Pearl White. I have check around on the forum and I haven't seen any so far. But I just joined. Maybe someone has some info about why it is rare. It really glows when the light hits it. Hard to capture on the iPhone though...

It has the flattest radius of all my Les Pauls and other Gibsons. Only one other guitar comes close and that is my Ibanez JEM. Is the flat radius common for the Les Paul Customs? It has been refretted at some point before I bought it. I think the nut has been changed too and I am suspicious about the chrome knob on the pickup selector. Otherwise it seems to be all original. I still have the shops notes on the back and it says Weight 5040g and Pots 4x1377824, PU 2xGibson Epoxy filled.

Looks great right? :)

Iron Blimp

Reaction score
My '74 without the Anni inlay....great checking on this one.

crazytrain513

Reaction score
Awesome pics everyone!

How long did it take you guys to get all that creamy color?

I have one on the way and I'm wondering how long before I see it too if I don't smoke or play out of the house :laugh2:

Attachments

OBX351

Reaction score
I believe it's all about light, oxidation and the pigments they used in the dye. Mine is almost 30 years old but the prior owner had it in a case most of the time so mine looks new. I am sure you can send it out for an "aging".

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
I think it is actually the nitro that turns???

I al looking forward to that white sparkle thread.....

Don't rush the yellowing 513, I don't know if the sparkle will end up as cool as the "flatter" white colors.....let the girl shine, man!!

Latest Threads