Which Wiring Diagram to Use for 2015 Less Plus?

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
Hi - Ive got some dimarzio 36 anniversary pickups that I want to install into a 2015 Les Paul Less Plus. As some of you may know, its a little bit of an odd guitar. It has2 volume, 1 tone knob and a switch to split the humbuckers. Which of these wiring diagrams should i use? https://www.dimarzio.com/support/wiring-diagrams

I've attached a picture of the back plate just in case. Would now be a good time to switch to the 50s wiring as I assume i currently dont have it on my guitar? I realize this may be over my head but just in case i take it to the tech and he's never worked on one of these 2015 monsters, I can give him some direction.

Thanks!

Last edited:

LP1865

Reaction score
You should replace the switch with a tone pot, and then you can do a 50's wiring

ARandall

Reaction score
^ Master tone is 50's wiring.
It comes off after the volume pot operation.....which is the defining point of the advantages 50's wiring gives you.

You'll have to drill the guitar to do a 4th pot......I think the typical mini toggle is 7mm instead of the 10mm hole needed.
But unless you are wiring from scratch, your installer will just be replacing the pickup wires where they were in the original wiring so won't need any diagram.
And if they are in any way competent they should know how a 2v + master tone works, and a coil split DPDT is stock fare for any installer too.

Latest Threads