Which type of Gibson Les Paul do you prefer?

saxosim

Reaction score
I own a standard and 2 juniors a Singlecut and a TV yellow double cut and to be honest I prefer the Les Paul Juniors over the standard. Not really sure why but I just do and always reach for one of those when playing. I also have a MIJ Greco EG700 Standard which I prefer to my USA so I am going to sell my USA standard once it gets back from the luthier for a setup and sorting 3 high frets :)

suedehead

Reaction score
I have a Trad with Bigsby which is Swiss-cheesed and weighs 10.5lbs. It sustains for days. Honestly it sounds immense.

My CR8 is sub-8lbs and sounds quite airy and woody even through an amp. Still plenty of sustain though.

I love them both and wouldn't want to part with either.

scottyk

Reaction score
Hmm, let's see...
A vintage Junior, or a vintage Junior, or maybe even a vintage Junior.:D

SMAZCO

Reaction score
At the local GC there are about 8-10 different models from R-8 to Traditional etc. 3 R-9's, but one of them just sings. I've played it through 3 different amp, Fender CS, Friedmans, Marshall, and Orange. Back to back to back switching form 08 Traditional, '14 Traditional, R8, R9, R0 and the other 2 R9's, I kept coming back to the 2004 R9! The feel, weight, and sound is just perfect. Now to just afford the $4250 out the door.

ZWILDZR1

Reaction score
The one that is mine. You really got me thinking about this. I can't say this about everything but I do realize that when it comes to these guitars I love the ones that I own the best. I really want to be like this more with all the other areas in my life. Not that I can't look at another guitar without thinking of how it would feel in my hands or my closet and be ok saying, " yes it's very nice but I love mine the best." :laugh2:

PeterJ

Reaction score
My 2010 Traditional does it for me. If I didn't have that I'd go for something different (assuming I could afford it) like the '54 reissue Custom I tried once (with the p90 in the bridge and the alnico staples in the neck). Creamy sound and extreme playability. Perhaps an old 90s or early 2000's Standard (very similar to the Trad)

Ouchz

Reaction score
Right now, it's the 1993 Gibson Les Paul Classic Plus. The resonance on this particular guitar is amazing, the harmonic content is unreal. It looks amazing as well, don't you agree?

556cfedc-9eb2-44c6-bfa9-798c8c4e5e00.jpg

jellyben

Reaction score
I have a les paul traditional 2008 which is weight relieved and it is up there with my r9. Really depends on the guitar.

Latest Threads