Which Tubescreamer of these 3?

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
I think I've narrowed down my TS search to these 3. Prices are reasonable and they all seem to get great reviews. I'd like to get some extra input from you guys since I can't go try them all out.
Which one?
CMATMods Signa Drive
Way Huge Green Rhino MK4
Maxon OD808

Thanks for your comments/opinions! :thumb:

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
The OD808 and then the Signa. All three do sound nice.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Almost impossible to choose, all are so good! CMAT is a fantastic and highly tuneable TS. The Green Rhino may be the most versatile TS of the bunch. Scratch may, it has to be! The Maxon is an excellent, more strait ahead TS.

I guess if I was choosing, I would go Rhino, I really did like that pedal!

roeg

Reaction score
I have the Maxon OD820.And the Ibanez TS808 re-issue.And the 35th anniversary TS808(both maxon made,with the Ibanez name.).Plus a couple vintage tubesceamers(TS10 and TS9).They are all different,but all sound excellent.The difference is the mid hump is a little different from box to box.The OD820 has more gain on tap.This is a deciding factor,depending on what styles you want to play.So the other 2 you mentionned,the Signa and Way Huge,may(?) have more gain than the OD808,and could be an important selling point.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
I love the Bad Monkey. I tried the other green box. That being the Tube Screener.

Burst Boy

Reaction score
They dont get enough love but you should at least try the TS9DX....

The TS9DX is ragged a bit but provides awesome sounds if you are willing to dig and experiment. It's a blast exploring the different selections and matching with the amp to get tasty tones.

Zungle

Reaction score
The TS9DX is ragged a bit but provides awesome sounds if you are willing to dig and experiment. It's a blast exploring the different selections and matching with the amp to get tasty tones.

Totally agree...

Al Walker

Reaction score
Bad Monkey for me ,too. It has bass and treble controls. NICE!

logen99999

Reaction score
i own the signa, it's not really a tube screamer type pedal. its more of a general overdrive boost and its fairly flat response with a moderately smooth top end.

A real tube screamer boosts the mids hard for cutting leads. The Maxon OD808 is more inline with the real tube screamer vain. Its pretty good, but it's a smoother OD sound, it boosts mids pretty well.

you should consider the Electro Harmonix Soul Food. It boosts mids hard and is based on the klon. It hard a hard top end, not smooth like the OD808, but for solo boosts its GREAt, better than the OD808 for me.

the mid boosting TS style pedal is a specific kind of pedal that was built to boost your solos. hence they have a mid hump. These pedals are not ideal for rhythm playing, or just general noodling through a home amp. For that I have the Fulltone OCD which is probably one of the best OD pedals ever made.

Tazz3

Reaction score
Joyo males a good pedal for 30 bucks there are some u tube videos

Latest Threads