Which top do you like better?

MaxBoogie

Reaction score
Both nice... #2 catches my eye with the tighter more pronounced grain and the slightly darker color.

mdunder08

Reaction score
I like the grain the best on 1, nice big visible chevron style flame. But I like the darker cherry look on number two....hmmmmm. I think I’m going for number one based on that flame. Funny that they call this iced tea now, I always though of that as more orange-y all around due to the fading of the burst. I’m a heritage cherry kind of guy! Does this have a big fat neck being a 50s?

Brooklyn Zeke

Reaction score
My preference would be 2, strictly based upon appearance. Plug 'em both in and choose which sounds better to your ear, if either.

moosie

Reaction score
#2 for me. I don't like the chevron / angled look on #1, even though it's mild. Also, 1 fades more on the edges. Finally, #2 has more character.

Reaction score
Two 2020 Les Paul Standard 50s in iced tea burst. Which one do you like better, 1 or 2? View attachment 507639 View attachment 507640
I'd say number 2 for sure..... Number one is a nice flame no doubt but it's just like every other flamey top ever...... The second is unique looking and I like the color way more..... It's darker and the burst fades into light alot smoother...... But u should get the first so I can order the second!

jap545

Reaction score
2. Rich color and the flame pattern is more interesting.

Zeegler

Reaction score
#2 for sure. Better color IMO, and I prefer a less uniform flame. An irregular flame pattern looks more natural. Again, just my preference.

Gitter

Reaction score
I feel like this is one of those things at the eye doctor, which is better ? I love them both. Perhaps a better question is: which one sounds better or plays better ?
Sure, but we can't hear or play them in a picture. That's a completely different debate.

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which sounds better? Unless you plan to cocoon it as a collector's item (something I don't do myself, but I understand that there are collectors out there...), IMHO how it sounds is the only meaningful criteria...

We are just splitting hairs mate, And why not ? Just talking guitars and that's why we come here to MLP.

Latest Threads