which push/pull pot?

Robert Parker

Reaction score
I'm ordering some pups from Zhangbucker :dude:, and they'll be set up for his Splat option, so I need some push/pull pots. Looking at allparts, there seems to be a few different options, and I'm not sure which ones I need. My plan was to get the CTS, but allparts doesn't seem to be listing which one is CTS.

1. 500K DPDT Push Pull Audio Pot | Allparts.com

2. 500K Push Push Audio Pot | Allparts.com

3. 500K Linear Pot | Allparts.com

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it'd be great. Thanks.

Indyclone

Reaction score
I'd go with Audio Taper... but honestly, I can't tell the difference between the $9 and the $16 version... there is nothing in the description... maybe you can email them.

Raz59

Reaction score
I'd go with Audio Taper... but honestly, I can't tell the difference between the $9 and the $16 version... there is nothing in the description... maybe you can email them.

The $16 one push/push.

Raz59

Reaction score
Yup, you're right. My bad. It just dawned on me - don't you have to use long-shaft pots with the LP b/c of the carved top? Will the $9 pot work, or would I need this one instead?

500K 3-4 inch Pot | Allparts.com

Not necessarily. It depends on where and when your LP was made.
My Epiphone Les Paul takes short shaft pots. Most asian made Les Pauls should be like this.

Torren61

Reaction score
These are what you need. Part number: R-VB-500KA-PPSP

Antique Electronic Supply

Pot - Bourns, 500K Audio, with Push-Pull Switch, Knurled Split Shaft
500K audio, 17mm body diameter, 0.1 watts, 300 degree rotation, 1/4" shaft diameter, solder lugs, 3/8" bushing.

$10 each

Raz59

Reaction score
Mine's a '93 Studio Lite made in Nashville.

Well, congrats on having a nice guitar (I hope).
However...you'll have to pay a little extra because it needs long shaft pots, sorry.

For future reference, this chart answers questions regarding what shaft length/type - long or short thread, split or solid shaft - is needed for which model of guitar.

Raz59

Reaction score
Bourns push/pulls would be great. If there's a long shaft version of it, it would be a good buy.

Raz59

Reaction score
Those last two are push/pushes again, careful.

Indyclone

Reaction score
I tried looking for push-pushes once and had no luck... I'd much rather have one of them than a push-pull... just an easier move when playing.

But OP's looking for push-pulls, so, my bad.

Latest Threads