which pickups do I have? G0

kensmith

Reaction score
I recently acquired this nice lemon burst G0, and am curious if y'all can help me identify the pickups. I'm pretty sure they are stock issue which I belive were burstbucker 1 and burstbucker 2. However, the shop said this was a transition year and they could be Jimmy Page pickups.
I am pretty sure it is a 2004 G0 (serial ) G0 4147. It does not have a COA and it has a tan/pink lined case (not the black/burgundy interior which I thought would have been 2004 issue.
Is it possible this is a 2014?

Attachments

ARandall

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of a 'Jimmy Page' pickup from Gibson.

But the pickup pictured is a BB2 by the sticker on the baseplate.

Tim Plains

Reaction score
A 2014 would have Custombuckers. See if the solder joints are original. It's a 2004, congrats.

kensmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation on the pickups. Can someone confirm that 2004 G0s normally came with the Black historic case with maroon interior? I know Guitar Center is always bad with cases....but I am happy as I prefer to the tan/pink version that it came with anyway.....

PauloQS

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help, but I just wanted to say that those R0/G0 are phenomenal guitars. I had a 2017 one until I traded it in for an R9. I traded it in because of the neck profile on the R9 felt more comfortable to me. However, the G0 was every was every bit as good as any regular R0 I've played.

Crotch

Triggered
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation on the pickups. Can someone confirm that 2004 G0s normally came with the Black historic case with maroon interior? I know Guitar Center is always bad with cases....but I am happy as I prefer to the tan/pink version that it came with anyway.....
Yes, black Custom Art case. And I also say Burstbuckers

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
2004 would have the green key tuners and 2014 would have milky white translucent tuners...... also a 2014 would have a nylon nut and a 2004 would not.

Burstbuckers will have the white stickers.

Custombuckers don’t have white stickers, just the PAF decal..... at least my 2014s don’t.

GC is notorious for case mixups.... I think the older black art cases have better protection they were just not as period correct as the tan and pink ones....

Last edited:

gvon

Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired this nice lemon burst G0, and am curious if y'all can help me identify the pickups. I'm pretty sure they are stock issue which I belive were burstbucker 1 and burstbucker 2. However, the shop said this was a transition year and they could be Jimmy Page pickups.
I am pretty sure it is a 2004 G0 (serial ) G0 4147. It does not have a COA and it has a tan/pink lined case (not the black/burgundy interior which I thought would have been 2004 issue.
Is it possible this is a 2014?
Burstbuckers. Looks Exactly Like my 2005 G0. Great guitar :)

Metal Guru

Reaction score
I have a 2004 R0 that came with the black case, which I’m told is stronger than the brown case.
I will add that my ‘04 is the best of the three Historics that I own in terms of tone. All are really good but my ‘04 is just a little bit better.

kensmith

Reaction score
Yes, I am loving it after spending the last week getting to know her. Got some reflector knobs too.