which of these three amps do you think are the best

calvin1

Reaction score
mesa boogie 2-12 dual rectifier roadster amp or fender super reverd amp or traynor custom special 90 i tried them out at the guitar store they all sound good to me i looked at a lot of reviews and they said there were problems with the mesa and the fender but not as many problems with the traynor amp would you guys please give me your opinions on these amps thank you for your time cal:

Lungo

Reaction score
First thing to do is ignore the reviews. Use your ears and bank account to decide what to choose.

eaglewolf

Reaction score
I had a Roadster head and Rectifier 2X12 and loved it. (I sold it because, among other things, a 100W head + 2X12 cab was way too loud for a bedroom amp.) The combo in the store wasn't working when I went in to try it, so maybe there is something there. However, I've never gotten the impression that there are any issues with that Mesa on the forums I've frequented.

I haven't tried the other two amps you mentioned, so I can't comment on them. Honestly, pick the one that suits you best. I suspect that you won't find many problems with any of them.

All three manufacturers have great reputations, so you should be satisfied with any of them. If I'm not mistaken, they are different beasts. One isn't necessarily better than the other, just different. That's why your ears are the best tool to determine what amp is best, as mentioned above.

Of course, there will be plenty of people here to tell you what you should have bought after the fact, but who cares about them! :D

David

Big John

usually off
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Of the 3 companies, I think the best in terms of Customer Service would probably be Mesa.

Shelbyblues

Reaction score
mesa boogie 2-12 dual rectifier roadster amp or fender super reverd amp or traynor custom special 90 i tried them out at the guitar store they all sound good to me i looked at a lot of reviews and they said there were problems with the mesa and the fender but not as many problems with the traynor amp would you guys please give me your opinions on these amps thank you for your time cal:

I assume your talking reliability since you mentioned problems.

I have never owned a Mesa so i can't speak to those.

Other than my Super Champ XD the only Fenders i own, and have owned were 60's vintage. Everyone was an excellent trouble free amp, but i am very picky when buying vintage, i will only buy the creme of the crop. So, i don't have first hand experience with Fender reissue's if those are what you referring to.

I have a Traynor YCV50 Blue with the matching ext. cabinet. Quality amp. Traynors are well built imo and maybe one of the best kept secrets out there for the money. Can't beat their 2 year "even if you break it" warranty either.

As far as tone goes only you can decide what sounds good to your ear for the genre of music you play.

That wasn't much help was it...:D

dynabite

Reaction score
I have 2 Supers a Traynor Blue and sold the Boogie, regrettably. All great amps and pretty much trouble free, only trouble was a footswitch for the Super which was an easy fix. If blues is your goal the Super wins, harder rock go for the Boogie. The Traynor will do both but not quite as good as the others will individually. The Traynor Blue has a 2 stage foot switchable overdrive that kills and will never require an overdrive pedal. There's other amps that are good as well, it boils down to your tastes and needs. :thumb:

imsilly

Reaction score
If the Super Reverb is vintage, unmodified and made before 1977 get it.

calvin1

Reaction score
super reverb is a new one i think the mesa is the best thanks cal

Latest Threads