Which Marshall in a box type of pedal are you guys loving with your LP's?

Scream And Fly

Reaction score
I currently have the Lovepedal Plexi 800, the original Purple Plexi and the M22 Rock Crusher by Freakish Blues. I had and sold the Catlinbread DLS I, II and III after not being impressed all that much with any of them. I also just pre ordered the PAL 800 JCM Emulator. As you can tell I prefer the JCM 800 side of things. I find I get better results using the hotter pedals and then turning down the volume and tone knobs on my guitars to make any adjustments. That way I can go from blues to hard rock and everything in between.

I've also noticed a lot of these types of pedals are voiced with a fat tone and dial in nicely with single coils. So I'm curious which ones you guys are using and liking with your LP's. The type of music you are playing too would be helpful.
How are you liking that Joyo M22 pedal? :D

straightblues

Reaction score
Lovepeda Purple Plexi is my favorite. It excels at both lower gain and higher gain (up to JCM 800 sorta tones). Most of the Marshall pedals I have used don't do the lower gain tones. The Purple Plexi does.

Dilver

Reaction score
Lumpy's Tone Shop 6 knob Albion. Very amp-like pedal - I know, everyone says that but what I mean is that you get very usable tones just by using your guitars volume control.

Travis19

Reaction score
Interesting. No Lovepedal love?
I know the ones I have are quite difficult to find now. But I heard Sean is building them "old school" again.
I have the Jubilee that I'll throw on my board every now and then. If it's that Black Crowes kinda tone you're chasing, this pedal will certainly get you there.

Capture.JPG

ARandall

Reaction score
Mine are more old-school. KOT and the Blues Crab both doing a Bluesbreaker type thing.

alnico59

Reaction score
How are you liking that Joyo M22 pedal? :D
Read that too. However based on how it stacks up against other (better) pedals I don't totally believe it. It's way too quiet, sounds way too good and plays with other pedals way too well. I'm learning not to believe everything I read on the web. Paid $50 for it. Honestly wouldn't take $100 for it.

Latest Threads