Which Hughes & Kettner amp?

VictorLazarus

Reaction score
Okay I decided a solid state is best suited to me for now mainly for ease of use and Hughes & Kettner's amps look like a step up from the 2nd hand broken Marshall MG I'm using right now.

So I was gonna get the Hughes & Kettner Matrix combo or head but they arn't making it anymore - now they make Attax amp which looks like pritty much the same thing. Has anyone tried either of these; I don't know if I should get the Attax or seek out a Matrix.

MVL.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the new Attax series is like. I used to have an Attax 80 head and 4x12 cab in the midnight blue "fuzzy" series. The covering was this really short course and thick fuzzy velvet. Quite nice actually for SS and it ripped. Gigged with it for over 5 years in a metal band untill I traded it for my Randall RG100 SC 2x12 Combo, which suited my needs a bit better at the time. Damn it! I should have bought the Sovtek Mig50 half-stack instead though! That was 50 tube watts that would rip that Hughes 100 watt SS to pieces! Literally I think!

VictorLazarus

Reaction score
Ah thanks but I'm in the UK.

I can't decide if I should get the combo or head, the combo would take up less space but the head would let me change the speaker and or size of my cab/s (I'd probably mostly be using a 1x12) also totally silent recording.

They don't say on the head what power it gives thou says 4-16 ohms, i guess its 100 watts at 4, less at 8 etc.

MVL.

Latest Threads