Which guitar will you buy: Early 90s Classic or 90s Standard

• Early 90s Classic (Les Paul Model)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • 90s Standard

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters

DylanLP

Reaction score
Excuse the title, can’t change it too late. All Gibson les Paul models are top class except for minor variations to suit personal needs and affordability.

Please ignore the main title of the thread and refer to the title of the poll instead. If you get the chance to purchase one, which one will it be and why?

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
There is no better guitar when you're considering the issue so incredibly broadly. Not only is every guitar variable due to wood, but you ask for personal opinion....another thing which will be variable between people.
The only thing that you can say with certainty is that the pickups are super hot in the classic, the neck will be super thin, and it will look more vintage accurate.

DylanLP

Reaction score
There is no better guitar when you're considering the issue so incredibly broadly. Not only is every guitar variable due to wood, but you ask for personal opinion....another thing which will be variable between people.
The only thing that you can say with certainty is that the pickups are super hot in the classic, the neck will be super thin, and it will look more vintage accurate.
Thank you. Absolutely both great quality Gibson les Paul models. I replaced the word ‘better’ with ‘buy’.

DylanLP

Reaction score
Yes, I was asking if it matters to you.
I always dreamt of owning a Gibson les Paul standard to the point I had no interest at all in knowing what other les Paul models out there. I started gathering some cash lately so while hunting for one I had to try few before I pull the trigger. The neck thickness caught my attention to the point where my small hand couldn’t comfortably strum the lower E-string. That’s where I had to come back home and do my research to see what Les Paul neck can suit me better and that’s when I started discovering of all these beautiful Gibson les Paul models out there. After months of extensive online research i came to believe my best bet would be a Les Paul classic. I also came to notice that early Classics were most desired. Today I’m a happy owner of an early 90s Classic.

It would be interesting to read what others have to say about their own personal experiences and what les Paul model is best fit for them and why.