Which Grovers?

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
I got a set of grover keystone rotomatics to swap out the current gold kidney grovers. However, these new gold keystones holes dont align with the holes on my guitar. If I want to drill a new hole, I would also be double-dipping into the existing hole thats drilled in.

Did i get the wrong grovers (they all seem to be for 3+3) or are they actually different sized tuners? I assumed they would be drop and play considering they are both the same series but with different tuner tips.

The kidneys total size from top to bottom is 1.05" while the tulips I purchased are 1.12" - could this just be different mfg tolerances from 2009 (old set) to 2021 (new set) ?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grover come in two screw placements imagine a clock face, either 6 o’clock or 9 o’clock. Sound like you might have one set of each? But without a picture I am literally guessing.

Brian N

Reaction score
My LP came stock with the old style Gibson two line one lip tuners. I swapped them for the Grover Milk Bottle tuners and the holes matched up perfectly.

ARandall

Reaction score
Plenty of different models about. - but the keystones do seem to offset the 6 o'clock hole from centre.
The kidney bean rotos have it dead centre so will line up with the Kluson low hole more or less.

And Gotoh do a keystone tuner with the centre aligned hole too.

Latest Threads