Which Gibson to give Away?

DaveSG

Reaction score
Dang man, I'm so sorry to hear it.

Maybe invite him over for a special day of jamming, just the two of you. Have him bring his stuff, and then throughout the day let him try all your gear. See which one really lights him up, then when its all said and done, you give it to him and maybe even talk through a little bit of why its important to you. He'll not only end up w/ a guitar, but a forever memory of his time with grandpa that is irreplaceable.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I need to decide which LP to give to my grandson. I have a 2014 60's Tribute with the slim neck;: body is clear finish; and a 2013 LP Traditional Pro 2E with the wider neck; gold top. Both play Great! Suggestions?

I recently gave him a Fender Telecaster and Vox Night Train. He is taking lessons now. He loves it.

Zeb is only 10 yrs old. Very smart, of course still short. My daughter and son-in law are both right at 6 ft.

I need to decide. My cancer is back. May not see Christmas of '22.
SO SORRY TO HEAR- maybe give him the 1960s tribute -I wish you well.

tmgcustom

Reaction score
Keep all of your guitars, buy him another Les Paul so that you two can play together for years to come. Hang in, and prayers from Ga.

moreles

Reaction score
Sorry, SloMoTx. I hope you can still find fulfillment and some kinds of enjoyment in whatever time you may have. Your intererst in your grandson is the greatest gift and has already been given. He is sure to remember it always. Personally, I agree with your thought that one guitar is more meaningful than a bunch. Surely others in your family would benefit from selling or otherwise passing along, or perhaps keeping, any other instruments. Honestly, for a 10 year old, one of the guitars you mention is a humongous gift. More would be, IMO, a burden of unstated and probably unintended expectations.

Latest Threads