Which Gibson to give Away?

SloMoTX

Reaction score
I need to decide which LP to give to my grandson. I have a 2014 60's Tribute with the slim neck;: body is clear finish; and a 2013 LP Traditional Pro 2E with the wider neck; gold top. Both play Great! Suggestions?

I recently gave him a Fender Telecaster and Vox Night Train. He is taking lessons now. He loves it.

Zeb is only 10 yrs old. Very smart, of course still short. My daughter and son-in law are both right at 6 ft.

I need to decide. My cancer is back. May not see Christmas of '22.

Dilver

Reaction score
Crap. Sorry to hear about your health. Hang in there. And I agree: let him pick which one he likes best, but show him the differences. Stay positive - my mom beat cancer twice and she’s 83.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
First of all, sorry to hear about your health setback.

I have been trying to get my sons onto full-sized guitars and it's been challenging. Neck profile is one consideration, but weight has been our biggest factor.

Best of luck, sincerely.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it was me amigo,.....and i was sure of my peril,....i would leave him everything.

I wish and pray for you the very best and your health greatly improves to enjoy your Grandson and family.

dro

Reaction score
Prayers to you.
My wife just started chemo again.
After being free of disease for a year.
How bout this?
Why don't you try one of these and see how you like it.
Let him pick.
Then in the end, leave him everything.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Prayers to you.
My wife just started chemo again.
After being free of disease for a year.
How bout this?
Why don't you try one of these and see how you like it.
Let him pick.
Then in the end, leave him everything.
This

judson

Reaction score
he will remember you always for the time you spent together...a guitar will spark a memory he will remember forever as well

hang in there and fight it all the way...your motivation is your family...take care.

Last edited:

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
First off, this is a heartbreaking post more than anything. My prayers are with you... If you are asking in the context of "if the time comes...", then, yeah, give it all to him. But for now, you already got the little one set up pretty good with a Telecaster.

Brian N

Reaction score
give it all to him ....

talk with him and provide all the useful guidance about life you can and of course how playing music fits in with it...

you are fortunate you have an grandson that has interest in playing.....you are a big influence on his playing and i am sure he will remember the time you both had together......

thats what life is about, leaving some life lessons that will help someone.....and they remember you for it

hang in there and fight it all the way...your motivation is your family...take care.
I feel like giving him one guitar is a lot more special than "here's a whole pile of guitars". One guitar and he'll treasure it for life. All of them and he'll need to figure out how to get rid of them and have no interest in the story of any of them.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your health. Hopefully the cancer will abate again.

I'd go for the 2014.

TheWelder

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear of your health setback. Cancer is terrible and I'm hoping that you will continue to fight and stay positive. I'm sure whichever guitar you decide to give him will be cherished.

My best to you and your family.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
Cancer sucks. I survived it back in 05. Hope the other shoe never drops. Lots of healing energy to you an your family

Demon Dave

Reaction score
I’m sorry man, a hard battle around, stay strong and keep all your weapons with you, we’ll stay beside you

Latest Threads