Which Fender guitar do you think compliments a Les Paul the best?

Pesh

Reaction score
3-single Strat, Gretsch Jet, and something with P90's.

brianbzed

Reaction score
I’ve owned my Gibson Les Paul over 4 years now and it’s a keeper. I’ve owned and played other guitars along the way including 3 Fenders. A 2013 American Deluxe Stratocaster, a 2019 American professional Stratocaster HSS, and currently own a 2007 Highway One Telecaster. To my ears the Tele has been the one that matches nicely with it. The two Strats were nice but, either I didn’t click with them or there was something not quite right about them. Anyway what Fender guitar do you think goes well with a Les Paul?
Cheers
I go with the "Joe Walsh" theory on that.....sound wise, a Les Paul and a Stratocaster work well together on stage.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I've done a few recordings with a Strat or Tele playing alongside my Les Paul. I haven't yet tried with my Jaguar though; it's quite a different sound to either the Strat ot Tele so I wonder how well it would work with a LP?

It's related to my Gold Top too because I resprayed it using the Gold Top nitro I originally bought to respray my 60s Tribute (satin finish to gloss), but decided I liked how the Tribute finish is starting to wear naturally. I then sprayed transparent red as used on a Cherry SG over the gold to create my own version of Candy Apple red:

CAR & Marshall 2.jpg

Nintari

Reaction score
A Strat. It's pretty much the polar opposite in every way. Long scale vs short scale. Bolt-on neck vs glued-in neck. Maple neck vs mahogany neck. Alder body vs mahogany body. Tremelo vs fixed. Single coils vs humbuckers. Bright vs dark. Contoured, light body vs. squared, heavy body. Dual cutaway vs. single. Thin necks vs. (usually) thick necks. Straight headstock vs. curved. On and on and on.

If a person has a Strat and a Les Paul, they've pretty much got all the sounds a player would ever need. Maybe you could throw in an ESP for metal... but really, you could just as easily put an active pickup in the bridge of your Les Paul and you'd be right there anyway.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to pick one of my Lesters and one non, it would be my Kubicki Custom Tele period…. 15” ebony, custom guitar specific pickups, 5-way and a toggle, dbl bound black, red body, flame neck….

lpfan1980

Reaction score
I always thought that a Telecaster could somewhat cover both a Les Paul’s (Jimmy Page) and a Stratocaster’s tones.

Still, I prefer to have at least one of each guitar.
Teles are closer then Strats for sure.

Latest Threads