Which Fender guitar do you think compliments a Les Paul the best?

Reaction score
My 57 Vintage Reissue Tele is a nice compliment in that it is more similar to my LP & LP Junior.

However my Strat is a better contrast to the LPs. None of the others have that quack. And even the single pickup tones are more "singing" and "lyrical" than my Tele.

PRSWILL

Reaction score
As a player who works with live bands, I look for distinct tonal differences in my guitars- if I’m brining a backup it will sound like the Original. I play a Fender American Deluxe 50th anniversary and the tonal range is awesome .
Not similar at all to my LPs - and that’s the point

Matopotato

Reaction score
Strat Am Pro II from last year. When I put down LP Classic, strat gets picked up, and vice versa. (A lot of playing...) so for me they team up well. I was afraid one would "win" and the other be left. But happy that didn't happen.

reelman955

Reaction score
I’ve owned my Gibson Les Paul over 4 years now and it’s a keeper. I’ve owned and played other guitars along the way including 3 Fenders. A 2013 American Deluxe Stratocaster, a 2019 American professional Stratocaster HSS, and currently own a 2007 Highway One Telecaster. To my ears the Tele has been the one that matches nicely with it. The two Strats were nice but, either I didn’t click with them or there was something not quite right about them. Anyway what Fender guitar do you think goes well with a Les Paul?
Cheers
I have a Fender American Professional HS Telecaster. I like it. Has a nice raunchy humbucker in the bridge.

Cory

Reaction score
Purely subjective, but I prefer a Tele over a Strat any day of the week (tone and looks)

dspelman

Reaction score
Strat.
It's always been a strat.
If there are two guitars in a band and one's an LP, the other's gotta be a stratocaster.

The two complement (not compliment) each other perfectly.

dspelman

Reaction score
Once thing I did enjoy with both of the Strats I had was the radius. 9.5 is the modern radius for a lot of Fenders. That being said maybe I should look at one with more vintage specs. The American original 60’s Stratocaster has caught my interest.
Don't do it.

The 7.25" radius was always a mistake for people playing guitar in the modern idiom, something like the fretless wonder frets on the early Customs or the headstock design carried over from the archtops onto the LP.

bmb89

Reaction score
Strat or a tele! Check out the American original series in whatever flavor floats your boat. Nitro finished vintage appointments tweed case and the only thing slightly modern is the neck radius(9.5 in place of the usual 7.25). Come in either 60s thinner or 50s chunky necks. I think there’s even a tele thin line too. Killer guitars for the price!

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't do it.

The 7.25" radius was always a mistake for people playing guitar in the modern idiom, something like the fretless wonder frets on the early Customs or the headstock design carried over from the archtops onto the LP.

I have no idea what "modern idiom" means, but I wanted a Tele with all '50s features and by Gar it had to have a vintage radius. So I bought a Vintera '50s Tele :)

I had a fretless wonder back in the '70s, and I was only chording on it. Couldn't pick to save my...

Last edited:

ScaryFatKidGT

Reaction score
I’ve owned my Gibson Les Paul over 4 years now and it’s a keeper. I’ve owned and played other guitars along the way including 3 Fenders. A 2013 American Deluxe Stratocaster, a 2019 American professional Stratocaster HSS, and currently own a 2007 Highway One Telecaster. To my ears the Tele has been the one that matches nicely with it. The two Strats were nice but, either I didn’t click with them or there was something not quite right about them. Anyway what Fender guitar do you think goes well with a Les Paul?
Cheers
Do you mean to be played at the same time, or just something else to go with it, if you mean the latter I say SSS American Standard all the way

Geronimo

Reaction score
Cheers
A nice Stratocaster.

palmerfralick

Reaction score
Cheers

Jazz Bass

Latest Threads