Which Effect Would You Expect As More Usefull?

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I've been comtemplating the purchase of an octive effect (i.e. Pog) pedal. It would used in the loop of my current favorite rig…..Les Paul into an Orange Dark Terror dialed ala' Jimmy Page gain levels. The cab houses a single V30. I only use a bit of delay in the loop for ambiance. Chorus are used to death, but a judicious use of an octive device seems like it would enhance any type of “creative” music playing.

Any octive pedal users out in these forums that can shed light on the pros and cons?

Classicplayer

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a TC Electronic Sub N Up. Two octaves down, one up and each octave has its own level control. There is a master wet/dry knob, too.
Use all three at once and a bit of vibe and get your Jon Lord on.

tzd

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Boss OC-5 to become available, it's been out of stock for the longest time after the original stock sold out at launch.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an EHX Pitch Fork for the longest time and could never really bond with it..just way too 'digital' for my taste. I used it as a cheesy way to emulate multiple guitar lines from a single one (me) for cover songs. No more of that, forever.

As an always on effect, at very low levels, I can see how it will thicken the tone.

Classicplayer

Reaction score
The TC pedal is complicated with more than I need, so I will look at others before making a decision.

Classicplayer

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the Boss OC-5 to become available, it's been out of stock for the longest time after the original stock sold out at launch.
There are some available at L&M, and a couple of used ones, but $200 CAD, nah.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I like Octavia type fuzzes over the POG. The POG was useful for getting a dual lead kind of tone, whereas the Octavia produced the octave up in a way that just sounded cool.

Someone more creative than I could probably get more out of a POG, but I am what I am.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I have the Boss OC-5, and I like it.

It's pretty versatile, and the tracking is impressive.
Makes riffs sound MASSIVE.
I only run a few pedals on a small Nano board, and it's a mainstay.

Latest Threads