Which color of EPI LP Standard PlusTop Pro ?

cihanCO

Reaction score
Hello Folk,

This is my first post and thread ..I am just a beginner , After a long research I made a decision on LP Standard PlusTop Pro , hopefully you guys think this is a perfect decision :)

The problem is I am not sure about the color , which color would you get ? So far my favorites are Desert Burst , Vintage Burst and maybe Red Wine.

I have some questions about Desert Burst which I like most ;

- is DB discontinued ? It shows the color on epiphone web page , but it does not say about DB color under the specifications section

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO

- There are so many different pictures of DB on web , If I order online is there a way to make sure what exactly to get ?

By the way I bought a used Blackstar HT-1 amp , hopefully you think it is a good amp..

I really appreciated for your help and recommendations

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Wine Red is nice.
If you can afford one, why not go for the Tribute+ instead in Black Cherry
Epiphone Tribute Les Paul Standard

Like this.
I may be biased (just ordered one) but they come with a hard case and have Gibson 57 pickups. Many here would recommend it any day of the week

cihanCO

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply..

I barely made a decision on PlusTop Pro when I was first planning to get something around 300$ ..If you think there is a huge huge difference between them I may think of that Tribute+ ..

But I guess PlusTop Pro would be enough for me as a beginner.

If I fell confident about the Desert Burst , I'm gonna order today..

Fuelish

Reaction score
Ordering online is a crapshoot as to what the actual guitar finish will look like UNLESS you order from Sweetwater - they post several pics of each guitar - if you order from them, the guitar you pick is the one you get, so you're not basing your purchase off of the standard stock photo of each finish

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
I would pick either the Desert Burst or the Iced Tea burst. Maybe even the Honey Burst.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Some of you already know it....
I'd get a black one :naughty:

but if I ever get a 'burst' it had to be something like
this desertburst with the black plastics :lol:

epiphone-les-paul-standard-plus-top-desert-burst-208199.jpg

cihanCO

Reaction score
Is there a way to buy this DB ? I agree this one with black plastic looks gorgeous :dude:

I guess I will have to order on amazon since I have some bank points that I can only use there..

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Is there a way to buy this DB ? I agree this one with black plastic looks gorgeous :dude:

I guess I will have to order on amazon since I have some bank points that I can only use there..

It is an easy and cheap mod if it comes with the creme plastics....

the pic is just taken from the www

cihanCO

Reaction score
Ok thanks..

I guess that also means if I order DB from amazon , nobody knows exactly what color I'm gonna receive it :sadwave:

cihanCO

Reaction score
Wine Red is nice.
If you can afford one, why not go for the Tribute+ instead in Black Cherry
Epiphone Tribute Les Paul Standard

Like this.
I may be biased (just ordered one) but they come with a hard case and have Gibson 57 pickups. Many here would recommend it any day of the week

If you compare this Tribute+ to PlusTop Pro as tone , do you know if there a difference ? I already liked the way PlusTop Pro sounds , I wanna make sure they sound similar.
Thanks

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
If you compare this Tribute+ to PlusTop Pro as tone , do you know if there a difference ? I already liked the way PlusTop Pro sounds , I wanna make sure they sound similar.
Thanks

There is a BIG difference, the T+ sounds better, it has Gibson pups.....:D

matiac

Reaction score
Some of you already know it....
I'd get a black one :naughty:

but if I ever get a 'burst' it had to be something like
this desertburst with the black plastics :lol:

epiphone-les-paul-standard-plus-top-desert-burst-208199.jpg
That DOES look pretty nice...

cihanCO

Reaction score
There is a BIG difference, the T+ sounds better, it has Gibson pups.....:D

:) I can imagine Gibson pups are betters than PlusTop`s pups..I am a little bit concorned about tone.

PlusTop + case cost almost 575$ , I guess T+ comes with case and costs 699$ ..do you think it worths ?

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
:) I can imagine Gibson pups are betters than PlusTop`s pups..I am a little bit concorned about tone.

PlusTop + case cost almost 575$ , I guess T+ comes with case and costs 699$ ..do you think it worths ?

Yep

MrJudd77

Reaction score
cihanCO. I am a learner as well. This will be my first guitar purchase. I only wanted to buy once. The T+ was the obvious choice. By far the best guitar that Epi make.

cihanCO

Reaction score
You guys are gonna make me spend more than I planned , I am kinda convinced :)

I guess this tribute has slim D shape neck , is this good for a beginner ?

Also give me your opinion about the color ? black cherry , midnight sapphire or vintage sunburst ?

I am going to order on amazon , do you think I can get it without any shipping damage ?

MrJudd77

Reaction score
Black Cherry is pretty hard to go past. My thing when I wanted to buy my Guitar was, I wanted a guitar that was good enough to make me want to pick it up every time I walk past it. The T+ in Black Cherry fits that description. Your choice of color is a more personal thing, having said that from the 3 you listed there I would narrow it down to Black Cherry or Vintage Sunburst. I am not a fan of blue on LP's. You should be able to get it delivered with no shipping damage and if it is damaged just return it and get them to send another one. If you are still worried then I would order through someone like Sweetwater of Musicians Friend. They have the both have 0% payment options that takes the pain out of buying the better guitar.

tragewombat

Reaction score
You guys are gonna make me spend more than I planned , I am kinda convinced :)
I guess this tribute has slim D shape neck , is this good for a beginner ?

It's neither extremely thin, nor extremely beefy so a good place to start

Also give me your opinion about the color ? black cherry , midnight sapphire or vintage sunburst ?

Whatever makes you pick up the guitar more.

I am going to order on amazon , do you think I can get it without any shipping damage ?

I'd avoid amazon. Sweetwater has a good rep and if something ends up dinged through shipping you'll at least get a live person on the other end of the line that will help you fix the problem. Even better is to pick it up yourself somewhere and ask for a set-up.

What will your amp be?

etzeppy

Reaction score
I got the faded cherry sunburst, which isn't faded at all. It looks great in some light but the colors can be a bit harsh in other light. I kinda regret not getting black cherry. I didn't because it's not a traditional Les Paul color. However, every time I see one, I note that it looks really nice. If I had it to do over again, I think I would opt for black cherry.

Latest Threads