Which color for a Strat refin?

Which period color would you go with for a '64 Stratocaster?

• Burgundy Mist

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Surf Green

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Sea Foam Green

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Olympic White

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 3-tone Sunburst

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Fiesta Red

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Black

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Lake Placid Blue

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Daphne Blue

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Sonic Blue

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

wildstage98

Reaction score
i've got an olympic white strat and think the look is killer, but i did vote for sea foam green because i always loved that look as well, and that color reminds me of a vintage instrument more than the white in my mind for some reason. can't go wrong with either tho. goodluck!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a blast working on this project. I hope you all enjoyed watching the Makeover process. It will be on its way tomorrow :yesway: ;)

Thanks again, Andy. This has been a great experience from start to finish. See what I did there?

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guard looks better on the offset than Strat IMO

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Premium Member
Reaction score

kakerlak

Reaction score
Yeah, my '63 JM has an old Sonic Blue overspray, but has the original Olympic White still there and peeking through. As an Olympic White it has the original tort guard. I like that look too, especially on an offset...

View attachment 286880
I remember you posting that one a while ago! Awesome JM. I just love that '60s Fender tort. Actually, their pearloid was cool, too and I have yet to see any modern tort or pearl that looks as "vintage" as the real deal.

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember you posting that one a while ago! Awesome JM. I just love that '60s Fender tort. Actually, their pearloid was cool, too and I have yet to see any modern tort or pearl that looks as "vintage" as the real deal.
They definitely don't look the same as they used to. Seem to have gotten more brownish maybe?

Fuggle

Reaction score
Come on, let's see a pic with that mint guard you were talking about! I'm dying here!