Which bridge on the new 50’s Les Pauls?

mjross

Reaction score
This something I should know but always get it confused. Which bridge is installed on the new 50’s Les Pauls? I get the Nashville/ ABR1 thing mixed up. Looking to purchase an aged TonePros setup and want to make sure I do not screw up. Thanks for your time!

gball

Reaction score
Yup, mine came with an ABR on it. I removed it and put a Nashville on it with no fitment issues, etc.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I put a Faber 59 on my 59 Les Paul and when I wrest my palm on it, it feels great. On my new 2021 LP 60's, it is not as comfortable and the adjustable slot nuts have sharp edges. I was thinking on replacing it.

mjross

Reaction score
Yup, mine came with an ABR on it. I removed it and put a Nashville on it with no fitment issues, etc.
So, are the 2 different bridges interchangeable without any mods?

mjross

Reaction score
I put a Faber 59 on my 59 Les Paul and when I wrest my palm on it, it feels great. On my new 2021 LP 60's, it is not as comfortable and the adjustable slot nuts have sharp edges. I was thinking on replacing it.
I have Faber on a couple of my guitars, I dig their stuff!

ARandall

Reaction score
The Nashville typically has thicker studs. But there are some model ABR's that come with thicker threaded rod, so match the drilling in the bridge too....so the answer is both yes and no

gball

Reaction score

On these newer ones, yes. Very simple mod to do. I really don't like ABRs, hate the way they feel under my palm, so I always replace them with Nashvilles. I used an all-brass one and it did improve the tone as well as feeling better under hand.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Mind me asking why you swapped?

I have models with both. I've swapped bridges, to compare the two on the same guitar, and found I slightly preferred the ABR.

At the end of the day though, I'm not sure I'd prefer one enough over the other to spend the dough on a swap. Both are good enough.

Edit; I see your last post, you dislike the way the ABR feels. I can understand that. I feel that way about the Tele ashtray bridge. Seems like I'm one of the few who prefers the modern flat bridge.

Latest Threads