Which bridge is this imperial or metric ?

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
Afaik they are nearly all metric but maybe the distributor knows more?

Roxy13

Reaction score
I've changed out a lot of old, collapsing bridges and every single one used 4mm posts. Usually it's an M4 x 0.7 thread, but I have found M4 x 0.4 thread on some as well (an old Burny from 1977 and all 3 of my Bacchus). Unless you are using a Faber locking bridge replacement the thread pitch won't matter, but if you do use a Faber locking bridge you will need the 0.7 thread pitch posts. However, it's not that hard to change your posts either for anyone that runs into that issue.

Side Burns

Reaction score
So looking to replace the bridge on my burny, I’d assumed I would get the tonepros metric one but on closer inspection toon looks like the current bridge might be imperial???
Adding to what roxy said.

keep in mind that the lawsuit era guitars are not the Epiphone design hardware.
Since yours seems to be earlier, you have to measure the post spacing to be safe.

Roxy13

Reaction score
This Hosco bridge fits nearly all MIJ Gibson type guitars. The only one of mine that it didn't fit as well on was the 1977 Burny SG. That one did better with a Faber bridge.

But, you can see the diagram with all the dimensions listed so you can check your post to post spacing (from the middle of each post).

Roxy13

Reaction score
I should add that's kind of funny that the Hosco bridge comes with posts with the 0.4 thread pitch, but I just leave the old posts on the guitar unless they are rusty or bent or something.

Burny FLG

Reaction score
My old Burny had metric pots. Sold now so can't check bridge. Thought all those 70s copies were metric.

MiniB

Reaction score
Maybe take a thumbwheel to a hardware store and see which screw fits in it...a 6-32 (imperial) or an M4 (metric).

Latest Threads