Which bridge humbucker in combination with Burstbucker Pro neck (Les Paul)?

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
Hi,

After trying out different pickup height adjustments I finally will go for another bridge pickup in my Les Paul (Signature Player Plus).
The neck pickup is fat and sweet, absolutely lovely! But the bridge pickup sounds too harsh and shrill to my ears.

Anybody have tried another pickup in combination with a Burstbucker in the neck position? It doesn't even matter from which brand it is!

I play clean, crunch, and fat lead sounds. No hi-gain! I also often use the volume- and tone pots so it would be nice if the pickup reacts to that.

jbash

Reaction score
Put an Alnco II, Unoriented A5, or A4 magnet in your BB Pro bridge pickup. Easy and inexpensive fix.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know the company name any more but it used to be WCR. The Godwood bridge pup he winds has that nice fat juicy sound as well as being clear and articulate. I have one in my 92 standard and love it

jcsk8

Reaction score
I don't know the company name any more but it used to be WCR. The Godwood bridge pup he winds has that nice fat juicy sound as well as being clear and articulate. I have one in my 92 standard and love it
Jim Wagner

Latest Threads