Which amp brand best compliments a Fender Strat.

Bsthetech

Reaction score
Take your guitar to every music store in town and play through very amp you can find (preferably blindfolded). The amp you keep going back to is "The One".

Smedley Smorganoff

Reaction score
My absolute favorite amp for strats: Fender Prosonic 2x10 combo. Makes single coil strats sound fat, articulate, punchy, and dynamic all at the same time. Gain channel will make your strat scream - no pedals needed. The bridge pickup in a strat actually sounds musical (not wimpy) on it.

Rhust

Reaction score
you definitely can't keep using your marshall with a fender... they are incompatible ;)

I mean, who does that?! I mean, besides some of the greatest guitar players ever... jimi, clapton, YJM(eventhough I can't stand the guy)...

your amp is just another instrument... if the marshall works for your sound, it will work for any of your guitars... if you want to go a different direction, fender gets you those stellar cleans... vox gets you that chimey stuff... just like picking a guitar, pick an amp that sounds and plays like you want it to...

or just buy a mesa and say F -it... :)

the egnater is always a great choice, btw

madryan

Reaction score
I think the amps that consistently play best with my strats and cover a huge amount of ground are old boogies. I've got a couple of 30yo-ish Mark series heads that sound incredible with a strat plugged in.

Even my Single Rec sounds awesome with a strat or a tele. They're a great amp for a huge variety of stuff that got sorta mis-characterized when all the nu-metal ya-hoos started using them.

Obviously you can't go wrong with lots of other stuff but the design features built into old Mesa Boogie amps (flexible input drive, really flexible EQ options, and a huge range of gain) makes them excellent platforms for every guitar you own.

Mr. Satchmo

Reaction score
Yesterday I tried out the new fender bass breaker, it sounded amazing with a thin line tele, and then a strat. You should definitely try these out

sonar

Reaction score
100 Watt Super Bass with at least one 4-12 loaded with 'H' cone Greenbacks. Turned up loud with none of that pu*ssy master volume sh*t.

You're welcome.

bblooz

Reaction score
LOL - 'gonna be a bazillion differing opinions on this! Jimi & Robin Trower played their Strats for years through 100w Marshalls. I kikd of like the sound of blackface and early silver Fender amps. Depends on your venue, but hard to beat a Strat trough a Vibro/Super/Pro Reverb, IMHO. I see some pros like the Matchless combos too. It's fun to try them all!

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Blackstars I've owned have always gotten along great with my Fender guitars. You can get some real crisp, heavy blues tones with the combination + reverb.

ARandall

Reaction score
I know its already been said but I just wanna chime in and say Vox.

I have an AC10 that I use with my Stratocaster (and my les paul for Drop C#) and I absolutely ****ing love the tone I get out of it. I don't know what style you are looking for, but I get the 90s alt rock clean tones 100% spot on.

Cheers :)

?? Deliberate or inadvertent.

TheX

Doctor Jimmy
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

David Garner

Reaction score
I have four amps, and my Strats love them all.

My favorites are the Marshall 18 Watt and the Mesa Express, but they sound great through my AC30 and my Deluxe Reverb too.

Latest Threads