Where to put the ISP Decimator G-String 2

afjungemann

Reaction score
I just got a decimator and I am curious where I should put it in my chain.

as a solo pedal, it would be guitar->ISP->amp input->fx loop send->ISP->back to fx loop return but I have the following pedals as well:

Dunlop Volume Pedal
Electro Harmonix Hot tubes nano
carbon copy
hall of fame reverb

(and a polytune 2 but that is pretty easy)

I use my volume pedal in the fx loop so I am wondering how the fx chain should be assembled. FX send -> ISP -> volume pedal -> hot tubes -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx return?

The volume pedal part confuses me.

Batman

Reaction score
Do you currently run all of your effects in the amps loop?

I would run it;

Guitar -> ISP -> Hot Tubes -> amp input -> fx loop send -> ISP -> volume pedal -> hot tubes -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx loop return

That way the ISP captures all of your gain stages but leaves the trails intact for your delay and reverb.

I like my volume pedal after gain for swells. . .

The Archer

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is get that hot tubes pedal out of your loop.

Then put the gate last in the chain that is in your loop.

afjungemann

Reaction score
First thing you need to do is get that hot tubes pedal out of your loop.

Then put the gate last in the chain that is in your loop.

The JVM suffers from a weird drop in signal when switched over to the FX loop so I use the hot tubes as a little boost to bring it back to normal. Is there a reason I shouldn't be doing that? Also, the gate can't go after the reverb or delay from what I have read. Am I mistaken?

afjungemann

Reaction score
Do you currently run all of your effects in the amps loop?

I would run it;

Guitar -> ISP -> Hot Tubes -> amp input -> fx loop send -> ISP -> volume pedal -> hot tubes -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx loop return

That way the ISP captures all of your gain stages but leaves the trails intact for your delay and reverb.

I like my volume pedal after gain for swells. . .

Yeah, right now I run:

fx send -> volume pedal -> hot tubes -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx return

Did you mean to put the hot tubes in the signal twice? If not, how would I run through the hot tubes twice?

Thanks for the help though!

Batman

Reaction score
Yeah, right now I run:

fx send -> volume pedal -> hot tubes -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx return

Did you mean to put the hot tubes in the signal twice? If not, how would I run through the hot tubes twice?

Thanks for the help though!

Sorry man, I was cutting and pasting and I missed that I'd put it twice.

I understand why you run the hot tubes in the loop so I'd just leave it where it is. Run the ISP after all your gain stages, then the VP, then delay and reverb. I actually run reverb before delay as I like the effect; the repeats are a bit more distinct but effected by the reverb rather than washed out by the reverb.

Guitar -> ISP -> amp input -> fx loop send -> hot tubes -> ISP -> volume pedal -> carbon copy -> hall of fame -> fx loop return

Latest Threads