Where to place AIAB/preamp pedals?

p_baker

Reaction score
Are those pedals always to use with the input of an amp, which means they run through the pre and power stage of my amp? I thought about sending those pedals directly into the effects loop return to actually bypass my amps pre amp and get the most out of the AIAB/preamp pedals´ voice .
If it makes a difference, what distinguishes AIAB pedals and actual preamp pedals?
Thank you
p_baker

mdubya

Reaction score
Try running it right into a powered speaker.

The right way is what ever way works best for you.

I was fairly unimpressed with my Zvex Distortron until I put my vintage Maestro fuzz in front of it. Holy jeebus, it brought my very ordinary Champion 600 to life in ways I'd never dreamed of. But on its own? Meh...

I played my Tech 21 British pedal straight into my Xitone Powered monitor yesterday. It is everything I remember it being, which is great.

Here is another setup I ran straight into a powered speaker which was shocking how good/cool it sounded. Best low volume JTM 45 ever.

HJ2F846.jpg

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Are those pedals always to use with the input of an amp, which means they run through the pre and power stage of my amp? I thought about sending those pedals directly into the effects loop return to actually bypass my amps pre amp and get the most out of the AIAB/preamp pedals´ voice .
If it makes a difference, what distinguishes AIAB pedals and actual preamp pedals?
Thank you
p_baker

hard to answer....try it. If it's truly a preamp simulation then yes, straight into the return of the loop

Latest Threads