Where to find 2015 Gibson LP standard PCB schematic?

Force235

Reaction score
Also, are all Gibson pickups wired the same, with same wire color output?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Unfortunately no on the Gibson wiring. And they often change colors between the neck and bridge pickup as to which wire is hot, which are for coil split and which are for ground.

If you have the PCB board you can actually trace the wires on it to see where each one goes. That's what I did the first time I took one out and had to hardwire the pickups. But, I also verified everything with the multimeter and that is how I've done it since with Gibson, SD and unknown pickups from Japanese guitars.

Your hot wire is going to give you a reading in the normal range, like 7-9k ohm. The two for wire splitting will give you a reading that is half of that.

Roxy13

Reaction score
On all 3 of mine they went like how I posted here in this thread. There is a pic I also posted on the second page.

Last edited:

Force235

Reaction score
Thank you, sad thing is, I figured Gibson would keep the same colors thru all pickups, pretty outrageous they do not. The pickups coming out Rhy Pro and Lead Pro, had the 5 pin connectors, I had ordered a set of extra connectors (with leads) and wanted to install a 57 Classic and Super 57, I wired the new connectors exactly the same as the the Rhy Rpo and Lead Pro, exactly the same by colored wire, and it did not work properly. My 2015 SR Standard has coil splits, direct out, and out of phase (Rhythm Tone), only the coil split seemed to work right, and out of phase shut both pickups off, so something was wrong with following the same colored wire configuration between the different pickups... Being Gibso I thought it would be standardized

Latest Threads