Where to buy replacement connector for 2015 LP Junior Output jack (PCB BOARD)

wattledbag4766

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Les Paul Jr. I want to put the PCB stuff back together, but need the little black computer-type connector thingy (I do not know the exact word for that item). I have the jack itself with cables, but the end tip is missing. Is this something I can do myself ? (i have a soldering iron btw, shouldn't be rocket science to connect a connector to two cables right?)

Attached are two photos, one of the connector I have and what im working with, and one photo of what I am looking for.

Basically, where can I find that little black connector thingy?
And also, if you know, am I correct in sticking the metal ground wire into the green box on the PCB board? I figured it must go there since there is literally nowhere else to put it.

Many thanks!

Roxy13

Reaction score
I would imagine Mouser has them, but I don't know the parts number, sorry. Look at their Molex connectors and you will probably find it.

yamariv

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Les Paul Jr. I want to put the PCB stuff back together, but need the little black computer-type connector thingy (I do not know the exact word for that item). I have the jack itself with cables, but the end tip is missing. Is this something I can do myself ? (i have a soldering iron btw, shouldn't be rocket science to connect a connector to two cables right?)

Attached are two photos, one of the connector I have and what im working with, and one photo of what I am looking for.

Basically, where can I find that little black connector thingy?
And also, if you know, am I correct in sticking the metal ground wire into the green box on the PCB board? I figured it must go there since there is literally nowhere else to put it.

Many thanks!
Just my opinion but since Juniors are so simple why don't you tear the whole PCB out and put in a traditional harness? That way, if anything breaks or you want to do a pickup swap in the future you are not limited or stuck dealing with these connectors. Plus you can play around with different pot and capacitor values and also use nicer quality electronics as well..

BTW, I have your exact guitar and I found the tone pot is much more versatile if you change it to a 250k..

moreles

Reaction score
Just my opinion but since Juniors are so simple why don't you tear the whole PCB out and put in a traditional harness?
Great advice. The snap-fit/PCB nonsense is a money-saver for the manufacturer but limites otherwise-easy and potentially excellent owner tweaks. It's not as though the original parts are particularly good, and top-quality replacements are cheap.

wattledbag4766

Reaction score
Just my opinion but since Juniors are so simple why don't you tear the whole PCB out and put in a traditional harness? That way, if anything breaks or you want to do a pickup swap in the future you are not limited or stuck dealing with these connectors. Plus you can play around with different pot and capacitor values and also use nicer quality electronics as well..

BTW, I have your exact guitar and I found the tone pot is much more versatile if you change it to a 250k..
Well I would do that, but I do not plan on keeping the guitar, so I want to return it to its original spec and let it go that way.
Otherwise I would go your route.

the great waldo

Reaction score
The pcbs that Gibson use make more noise than the pickups without the board. I've removed plenty of them and you get less buzz without them. For what it's worth.

Cheers
Andrew

wattledbag4766

Reaction score
The pcbs that Gibson use make more noise than the pickups without the board. I've removed plenty of them and you get less buzz without them. For what it's worth.

Cheers
Andrew
Just wanna keep it stock to sell it. Thanks for the input tho!

akwusmc

Reaction score
This thread may have what you need ...

wattledbag4766

Reaction score
This thread may have what you need ...

Oh heck yeah man! thank you so much I appreciate your help!!!

Latest Threads