Where to buy "goof rings"?

Gm7b5

Reaction score
I have a '71 Deluxe that has had the mini humbucker routes enlarged for humbuckers. I want to go back to minis, or maybe P-90s. Anyone know where I can buy "goof rings" to cover the gap?

Gm7b5

Reaction score
Thanks. Close but not really. What you posted would allow a mini hum without the surrounding ring. I want the smaller "goof rings" Gibson used back then, so I'll have the option of dropping in a mini (with surrounding ring) or a P90. They are the same size as I understand it.

Gm7b5

Reaction score
You said in your OP that your guitar has been routed for humbuckers.

The original rings fit a mini hum into a P-90 opening - not a humbucker.
I think we're saying the same thing. I think. Aren't we? ;)

A mini hum with it's mounting ring is the same size as a P90? Hence my need for the goof ring to hide the larger humbucker route.?

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
You said in your OP that your guitar has been routed for humbuckers.

The original rings fit a mini hum into a P-90 opening - not a humbucker.
They would work but the goof rings are flat, not built up like a humbucker ring. They also look more correct for a HB to P-90 reversal.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
They would work but the goof rings are flat, not built up like a humbucker ring. They also look more correct for a HB to P-90 reversal.
Yeah, that's why I dropped out... I don't know what I'm talking about... Sorry! :facepalm:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
It was probably somewhere down in all of that signature, quotes, GIF's and whatever other stuff that might be hiding in that half-page at the bottom of each post....... :fingersx:

you know google really is your friend, if you would spend 5 minutes.

also, any custom pick-guard maker can do it if you have the specs or a template....I will bet a lot of those guys have made them before....do NOT use that POS Lonnie- @CreamTone if you expect to see you product or $$ again.

Probably the best repops:

now Parts is parts has some listed in the US, and at a decent price, but not in-stock.....you might can contact them to see when the last time they had some was?

These may also do away with the regular mounting ring (which I would NOT want), but I am not 100% sure.

If you want the real deal, try here........

Last edited:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
It was probably somewhere down in all of that signature, quotes, GIF's and whatever other stuff that might be hiding in that half-page at the bottom of each post.......
:squint:

OK, but I still don't get how to fit a P-90 or mini hum into a guitar routed for humbuckers... They aren't the same size.

Goof rings are not going to make the opening itself any bigger! That's what I was getting at.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Deluxe that's been routed would still have a rout big enough for a P-90 or mini. The goof ring really only needs to cover the larger gap ahead of and behind where the HB was.

Gm7b5

Reaction score
It was probably somewhere down in all of that signature, quotes, GIF's and whatever other stuff that might be hiding in that half-page at the bottom of each post....... :fingersx:

you know google really is your friend, if you would spend 5 minutes.

also, any custom pick-guard maker can do it if you have the specs or a template....I will bet a lot of those guys have made them before....do NOT use that POS Lonnie- @CreamTone if you expect to see you product or $$ again.

Probably the best repops:

now Parts is parts has some listed in the US, and at a decent price, but not in-stock.....you might can contact them to see when the last time they had some was?

These may also do away with the regular mounting ring (which I would NOT want), but I am not 100% sure.

If you want the real deal, try here........
Thanks, I appreciate the response and the links. And I'm well acquainted with Google - my search turned up the guy in the UK. I came here to see if others might know of additional resources that I didn't find in my search.

Latest Threads