Where the Fu** are the Honey Bee's ???

Are the honey bee numbers the same as usual by you ???

• Total voters

mikemack

Reaction score
. Monarch Butterflies lay their eggs on Milk Weed plants. When I was a kid Milk Weed was thick in fields and lots that were not developed. Those days are long gone and so are the Monarchs along with the Milk Weed.

:)

I remember milkweed. Wow that just brought back a ton of memories of times at my Grandmothers house in Vermont.

Fooling with Mother nature is never good. I have noticed the decline myself. My boss is a hobby bee keeper and a bunch of his honey bees died this year:hmm:

River

Reaction score
I remember milkweed. Wow that just brought back a ton of memories of times at my Grandmothers house in Vermont.

Fooling with Mother nature is never good. I have noticed the decline myself. My boss is a hobby bee keeper and a bunch of his honey bees died this year:hmm:
2008-157--mother-nature.jpg

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Everybody who said 'I don't give a f**k' might change their minds when we run out of food. Without pollination by honey bees we're in trouble.

Bats are also disappearing. Most people think they are useless, until we get carried away by mosquitoes. Those little buggers have killed more people than all wars put together...

Nature has a balance. Humans do not balance with nature. We don't even balance with each other. Maybe Smith was right... We're a 'cancer on this planet'. Or not.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Bees and wasps must be coming all out to my way then. They seem to increase each year here.
My son's old teacher is a bee keeper and was surprised how many he is getting, having to make more boxes.
Wasps have become a real pest around here, it has been hard to stop them nesting in every nook and cranny of my old house and this one.

River

Reaction score
Bees and wasps must be coming all out to my way then. They seem to increase each year here.
My son's old teacher is a bee keeper and was surprised how many he is getting, having to make more boxes.
Wasps have become a real pest around here, it has been hard to stop them nesting in every nook and cranny of my old house and this one.
That's good news with the bees. Wasps, eh - we've got more than we want here, but I haven't seen a honey-bee in two years.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's good news with the bees. Wasps, eh - we've got more than we want here, but I haven't seen a honey-bee in two years.

Well I guess it can be good and not good. I saw on the news that they have been nesting in the wrong places, and there are laws about removing them. Of course also people have to get hold of beekeepers to remove them without damaging structures.

Good for beekeepers I guess.

Latest Threads