Where the Fu** are the Honey Bee's ???

Are the honey bee numbers the same as usual by you ???

• Total voters

lonewolf

Reaction score
I believe it's the pesticides, seems like every time the human race tries to "taylor" nature, it becomes worse....instead of better.

flameburst

Reaction score
My other half's Dad is a bee keeper - it's a fascinating almost zen-like hobby for him.

On the BBC's Springwatch programme recently, one of the presenters (Chris Packham) explained that honey bees today only detect the scent of flowers from a couple of hundred metres - whereas many years ago (before the industrial revolution) honey bees could detect flower scents from thousands of metres away.

The traffic pollution from todays roads and highways is just one of the reasons why honey bees are becoming more scarce. There are some other reasons posted on here also.

Bottom line is - if the bees go, then the humans go!

LongBeach

Reaction score
the African Killer Bee's are eating the suckers!

No, I watched a deal on Discovery, or History, dont remember which about
the decline. And it could turn into a real problem in the long run.

Support your local honey bee farms!

The_Sentry

Reaction score
The cell phone signal theory sounds pretty plausible to me !!! It's probably that and the cocktail of pesticides that get sprayed each year to get rid of other insects !!! I think electrical signals have a great effect on animals and nature !!!

They do. Especially when it comes towards determining migratory paths.

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRBJf57aNp4]YouTube - 60 Minutes: Why Are Honeybees Disappearing? Pt. 1[/ame]

This 2 part video is a MUST watch !!!

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZv9BvQJ-A]YouTube - 60 Minutes: Why Are Honeybees Disappearing? Pt 2[/ame]

SiriusAbbott

Reaction score
The spiders are "down" this year.
Is this the end of the world?
HAH!!!:shock:
..or maybe all of your spiders migrated to Oklahoma :naughty:
however,almost zero on the bee front,had a single backyard sighting in june,nothing since,wasps and hornets everywhere though..... :wow:

Cygnus X1

Reaction score
HAH!!!:shock:
..or maybe all of your spiders migrated to Oklahoma :naughty:
however,almost zero on the bee front,had a single backyard sighting in june,nothing since,wasps and hornets everywhere though..... :wow:

:laugh2:

But yes, through these too many years I have seen the cycles-and the scares wax and wane.

And I'm only 47.

SiriusAbbott

Reaction score
:laugh2:

But yes, through these too many years I have seen the cycles-and the scares wax and wane.

And I'm only 47.
hmmmm:hmm:
firstly,I was merely stating an observation :naughty: not raising an alarm :shock:
but,I 'spose,since I am ONLY 45 I should defer to your aged wisdom in such matters :laugh2:

....and for the record,we have had more spiders here this summer than I have ever seen in my life :shock:

bluesjuke

Reaction score
They are down in our area though there have always been a lot in the past.
There are also a feww beekeepers in the area.
We do however see an increasing number of dead/ dying ones on the deck and barn floor.

twinrider1

Reaction score
Bjorn has them!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhBUEghcFM]YouTube - BJF Honey Bee Overdrive Pedal[/ame]

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
I've noticed a huge drop in the numbers of honeybees this year. I had attributed it to colony collapse disorder.

Sorry.........I thought that read "Colonic collapse disorder" which sounded like something I regularly get!:rolleyes:

drewbertca

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have/had a wild honeybee nest in my backyard...I discovered it when I mowed it with my lawn mower...I moved away quickly so as not to disturb them more....I wasn't worried about being stung as I have an immunity to stinging insects (stung way too often as a child)...but I felt bad for having destroyed their home

River

Reaction score
The beekeepers 'round these parts are wiped out. And we're a long ways from polluted. It's something more insidious.

Latest Threads