Where the Fu** are the Honey Bee's ???

Are the honey bee numbers the same as usual by you ???

• Total voters

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
I planted a pretty elaborate garden this year in my front yard to beautify things and attract hummingbirds , In doing this I've spent lots more time outside observing the goings on amongst the plant life and what I noticed is that I don't see any honey bee's !!! :wow: Where the heck are they ??? Has the pollution or some other man made cause killed them all or driven them out of my area ??? I see plenty of yellow jackets flying around pollinating my plants , I see wasps , I see bumblebee's , But no honey bee's !!! Has anyone else noticed a drop in the honey bee's in their area ??? I remember as a kid the bee's being so thick in the clover in my backyard , We dared not walk barefoot in the grass !!! What do you think is happening to the honey bee's ??? My guess is that MAN in his infinite wisdom has started killing off too many species with pesticides !!!

honeybee-full.jpg

Honey Bee

yellow_jacket.jpg

Yellow Jacket

bumblebee.jpg

Bumble Bee​

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
It's the truth, very few bees here this summer. An absolutely essential part of the jigsaw has been fucked so we can produce a little more corn or fucking whatever. Madness.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What I do find is that the honey bees are more aggressive than normal.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
I have noticed a decline in the number of Honey Bees and other bees and wasps over the passed few years. What I miss more are the Monarchs and other butterflies that used to be everywhere when I was a kid. Also frogs and other amphibians. :(

SneakySnakeLady

The Goat Lady
Reaction score
I have noticed a decline in the number of Honey Bees and other bees and wasps over the passed few years. What I miss more are the Monarchs and other butterflies that used to be everywhere when I was a kid. Also frogs and other amphibians. :(

I see just as many bees as always, same with butterflies.....frogs and other amphibians are very plentiful here this year as well, it has been very wet....also seen a ton of eastern box turtles this year....

I am seeing an absence of snakes and lizards this year...which is very sad to me....They were all over the place last year.....I think the weather we had here before spring really messed things up...

it would get really warm, then freeze at night, then warm for a few days, then freeze........This pattern went on for like a month.

I've seen 1 black racer on the road, and that is the only snake I've seen. My dad said he has seen a few here and there, but I haven't. The normal hiding spots on our property I have set up, and my tin hides I have placed around the place all come up empty. i don't know what happened this year :(

Yowzer

Reaction score
I've noticed a huge drop in the numbers of honeybees this year. I had attributed it to colony collapse disorder.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
I see just as many bees as always, same with butterflies.....frogs and other amphibians are very plentiful here this year as well, it has been very wet....also seen a ton of eastern box turtles this year....
I know there are a lot of bees and butterflies in more rural parts of the country, but up here on Long Island and in the N.Y.C. area where there is less land and consequently less foilage, the numbers have decreased drastically over the years. Monarch Butterflies lay their eggs on Milk Weed plants. When I was a kid Milk Weed was thick in fields and lots that were not developed. Those days are long gone and so are the Monarchs along with the Milk Weed.

Surprisingly, I still see a lot of snakes out on Long Island and even more surprising is the number of hatchling and small Eastern Box Turtles. Sadly, amphibs are rare around these parts. Used to have lots of Leopard Frogs, Green Frogs, Spadefoot Toads, Red-Backed Salamanders, Spotted Salamanders. Some claim that acid rain had a lot to do with the decreased amphibian populations across the globe. I don't know. :)

ojedad23

the oj guy
Reaction score
now that you mentiont it boobo, i havent seen any in a few years now,:hmm: something must be going on

ToothDecay

Reaction score
Thank god they're not around here as much, I'm terrified of bees and anything else that has a stinger

J-Man123

Reaction score
I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS! As long as they're not bothering me and I still get my honey I'm fine :).

J-Man123:slash:

Cygnus X1

Reaction score
Bee Report, central South Carolina.

Doing fine.
There was a sharp decline in the last two years but bumble, honey, and wasps are back in normal pace.

Sounds biblical, but it cycles through...cicadas, locusts, frogs, flies, and bees.
They cycle up and down as it should.
Oh, and spiders too!

The spiders are "down" this year.
Is this the end of the world?

Extremerocker827

Reaction score
Thank god they're not around here as much, I'm terrified of bees and anything else that has a stinger
Do you realize that most of the fruits would be gone if it wasn't for bees? And don't forget chocolate, coffee, etc. And some animals would die out too.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Einstein said something pretty prophetic about the little honeybees.

I've heard lots of conjecture on this topic. My favorite one is in regards to cell phones. (Sorry...just don't care for cell phones so this allegation suits me just fine. :D )

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Einstein said something pretty prophetic about the little honeybees.

I've heard lots of conjecture on this topic. My favorite one is in regards to cell phones. (Sorry...just don't care for cell phones so this allegation suits me just fine. :D )

The cell phone signal theory sounds pretty plausible to me !!! It's probably that and the cocktail of pesticides that get sprayed each year to get rid of other insects !!! I think electrical signals have a great effect on animals and nature !!!

Latest Threads