Where is your OCD?

scooter500

Reaction score
So, I have the EHX Glove clone, it's close though. Where is yours placed on the board, do you have favorite pedals used with your OCD, or maybe you have go to settings for different styles?

Neffco

Reaction score
Mine is after my lovepedal vintage modern and before my rocket archer on the amp side. I use it for my more punk rock tones When I want a bunch of gain I stack the three. Cool old school kind of grind in the ocd.

lakeburst

Reaction score
Had a board with two OCD derivates (mooer Hustle Drive)
One before and one after the wah.

guitar > mHD-1 > Dunlop CryBaby > mHD-2 > Xotic EP Booster > MXR M169 Carbon Copy

Bogmonster

Reaction score
I love the sound of a TS style pedal running into the OCD. Just gets a really nice thick tone. A compressor into the OCD also works a treat too.

I'm using it in the loop of a switcher so I can move it around but it's always been preference to run a TS pedal into it. I use the Fulltone FD2 for this and I have a 2B after it for solos to boost the volume a bit. Sometimes it's the OCD and FD2, sometimes the OCD and 2B and sometimes all 3 (all 3 sound particularly nice with a Strat)

Fulltone make fantastic pedals. I own a few and the OCD is my favourite. Paired with a Marshall and it just rips.

scooter500

Reaction score
Thanks everyone... really good stuff!!! Keep it up

TM1

Reaction score
My OCD sits in a drawer under my bed... everything I own pales compared to my Origin “Revival Drive”! It’s the Overdrive I’ve wanted for the last 50 years!

scooter500

Reaction score
My OCD sits in a drawer under my bed... everything I own pales compared to my Origin “Revival Drive”! It’s the Overdrive I’ve wanted for the last 50 years!
Replacement wasn't what I was expecting... guess a Revival Drive must be crazy good!

NoRythm_LP

Reaction score
My 1.7 is right after my Cali76CD... Still working on how that thing should be configured but I like the OCD.

Prospector

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try placing an Xotic AC pedal after the OCD. I’ve been running that pair in my setup for years, and it sounds great.

KP11520

Reaction score
Tuner > Compressor > Tim Boost > OCD 1.3 > Amp..... For now anyway.

Timing type based via the FX Loop.

scooter500

Reaction score
Last night I played my kitchen and the OCR klone never sounded better to my captive audience, my son & visiting brother.... :laugh2:
Anyway, using like this now: Timmy klone into Nobel's ODR-1 into OCD ehx klone (9V setting). What it does when used this way is to make my Vox sound Marshally (switch up), Fendery (switch down), or back to a Vox (when off).

Fudaa

Reaction score
I love the sound of a TS style pedal running into the OCD. Just gets a really nice thick tone. A compressor into the OCD also works a treat too.

I'm using it in the loop of a switcher so I can move it around but it's always been preference to run a TS pedal into it. I use the Fulltone FD2 for this and I have a 2B after it for solos to boost the volume a bit. Sometimes it's the OCD and FD2, sometimes the OCD and 2B and sometimes all 3 (all 3 sound particularly nice with a Strat)

Fulltone make fantastic pedals. I own a few and the OCD is my favourite. Paired with a Marshall and it just rips.
How do you set your OCD in this configuration? I have a silver archer into a TS808 into the OCD and the TS Into the OCD Sounds great in the mids and highs - But the low end is really farty sounding. Had to take it off replaced with a Distortion plus which is good but the plus is a little too low output for me, would love to use the OCD if I can get it sounding right...Amp is a Crate VC - 30

Bogmonster

Reaction score
How do you set your OCD in this configuration? I have a silver archer into a TS808 into the OCD and the TS Into the OCD Sounds great in the mids and highs - But the low end is really farty sounding. Had to take it off replaced with a Distortion plus which is good but the plus is a little too low output for me, would love to use the OCD if I can get it sounding right...Amp is a Crate VC - 30
It generally depends on how the amp is set. I use either a Super Lead or JTM45. Neither have a master volume. So if I'm getting some dirt from the amp, the drive on the OCD is relatively low. But if the amp is relatively clean then the drive is higher (never higher than 2 o clock). The OCD gives a nice classic rock crunch and I love pairing it with a Marshall. Tone will usually be to taste (again, amp dependent) and the level is usually at unity or a hair higher. The OCD has LOADS of volume so unity is usually around 8-9 o clock.

The Fulldrive runs into it and I run the gain around 9-10 o clock and the level around 12 o clock. Tone to taste (usually 10-12 o clock). This pushes the OCD nicely and gives a great tone for fills and stuff I just want to give a slight lift to.

The 2B just gives me a volume bump for solos. All 3 together sound great for leads. I generally use all 3 for a Strat due to the weaker pups and only the 2B and OCD for the LP.

Hope this helps some!

Mike J.

Reaction score
My OCD was my always on pedal that I pushed with a TS9 for the solos. The Glove is a great pedal that holds up to the OCD!

Latest Threads