Where did my 'Whose using Tone Specific' thread go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one in my navigator 335. I like it in the neck, but went back to the original in the bridge. I’ll see if I can dig up the bridge pup. Not sure where I put it. They came with the guitar.

jbash

Reaction score
I've never heard of these pickups before. Well maybe in passing. But no clue about them.

I just went over to their website.

Much of their ad copy seems condescending, and there seems to be a desire to only disclose extremely generic and vague info ...."we use vintage style bobbins" " we use metal covers"...is a turn off. Geez. Thank God...METAL covers...everyone else is using PLASTIC.

they have generic videos with youtube compression and often the guitar parts are buried in a mix where you would not be able to tell the difference between a Epi Probucker, and a Throbak.

Then charge $600 for a set on top of it. No thank you. For that kind of money I'd like to get some specifics about their design and construction. As a consumer, you will have to humor me if you are charging me $600 a set, not make me feel like you are doing me a favor.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take this for what it’s worth, Finger picking and some chords. Came out very Marshall. Probably should have used the twin. They have a very different marketing strategy for sure.I’d buy from cooljuk before spending $600 on a set.

Last edited:

ToneSpecific

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
I have one in my navigator 335. I like it in the neck

Nice video, you sound like a fine player. The "Stormy Monday" rhythm was nice to hear. It sure sounds like our Virtuoso Humbucker in your guitar. That pickup is super articulate and captures every nuance of your playing, which is why the uber-Jazz guitarist crowd loves them so much.

On the flip side, the Virtuoso's capture every slight buzz from a fret and any mis-hits too which is why most casual players tend to gravitate toward our more forgiving sets (59 Blues, 57/61s, etc.)

Post some clips with your Twin if you get a chance. We always feel very lucky, when players take time to post video's.

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Grammar had nothing to do with it lol.

do-you-think-grammar-is-a-game-ingflip-com-s-autiomr-grammar-49356971.png

You've been warned!

1635109516305.jpeg

ToneSpecific

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
It is indeed a virtuoso pickup.

What a relief! That could have been embarassing.

If you've got the bridge pickup still & want to do an even exchange for any other set from our current line-up, then reach out to us over on our website & we can set it up for you.

We'd like you to have a matched set in your 335, so please don't hesitate to reach out.

The Virtuoso set usually ends up in unique luthier built guitars by guys like Stephen Marchione or Strat style guitars. For 335s, most guys are using the 57/61 Deluxe P.A.F. Humbuckers. Go to our site to see numerous videos of this set in action.

It not uncommon for some players to have a the Virtuoso's in a Strat or luthier guitar & the 57/61s in their 335s, 175s, LPs, etc.

Will Brahm for example uses the Virtuoso's is his amazing Marchione Semi-Hollow but plays the 57/61s in his 175, 335 and LP. Sandro Albert has 3 guitars of the same model guitars by Comins and uses the Virtuoso in one while employing the 57/61s & 1958 Twang-Tron P.A.F. (think Filtertron meets Tele, meets PAF) in the other two which gives him 3 distinct voices to choose from while working as a producer/session player.

Just clink on the "E-mail" link at our site & we can set up the exchange for you this week.

BigJim

Reaction score
All smoke and mirrors, never a straight answer, always a deflection.

Uses his vendor status to have disparaging threads removed.

Happens on every site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads