Where did my 'Whose using Tone Specific' thread go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcVox

Reaction score
Can the mods explain whats going on please ?

scovell001

Reaction score
Guess it was taken down as it was starting to turn ugly?

Antigua

Reaction score
I never saw the thread, but someone probably cast aspersions towards the company, and they happen to have a paid vendor account with this website.

AcVox

Reaction score
Maybe they didn't like the grammatical mistake in the title?
Yes my friend, I can't count the forums from which I've been banned for the error of stating "with who Ive jammed with"..When its clear to all that It's "with WHOM Ive jammed with"... I live with the shame but with group therapy Im now six months clean and free of grammatical error..

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Yes my friend, I can't count the forums from which I've been banned for the error of stating "with who Ive jammed with"..When its clear to all that It's "with WHOM Ive jammed with"... I live with the shame but with group therapy Im now six months clean and free of grammatical error..

If you were ( "free of grammatical error(s)" you wouldn't have written it that way!
;)

AcVox

Reaction score
Yes, Bobby Mahogany. Perhaps I should have said 'free of GRIEVOUS and OFFENSIVE grammatical error' ? Would this put me back in your good books?
BTW thanks for your good humour, your highlighting my error's after stating that I was free of grammatical error made me laugh out loud..

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, you're not.

scovell001

Reaction score
Were you following the thread ?
Not ugly, ugly, just I could see it starting to get heated!

Cooljuk posted that he had to repair a tone specific single coil pup & posted with pics that the damage had been caused at the construction stage & posted that there was nothing particularly special (ie regular off the shelf parts) about the tone specfifc pickup construction.

Tone Specific then replied with a with a standardised almost ’web master’ vanilla response siting good customer satisfaction, positive reviews & that their pickups come with a lifetime warranty.

Shortly afterwards the thread was removed.

I’d ‘actually’ be interested to know more about the tone specific pickups ie dc resistance,magnet type etc & from ‘real’ users who actually have them in their guitars

KStopper65

Reaction score
Not ugly, ugly, just I could see it starting to get heated!

Cooljuk posted that he had to repair a tone specific single coil pup & posted with pics that the damage had been caused at the construction stage & posted that there was nothing particularly special (ie regular off the shelf parts) about the tone specfifc pickup construction.

Tone Specific then replied with a with a standardised almost ’web master’ vanilla response siting good customer satisfaction, positive reviews & that their pickups come with a lifetime warranty.

Shortly afterwards the thread was removed.

I’d ‘actually’ be interested to know more about the tone specific pickups ie dc resistance,magnet type etc & from ‘real’ users who actually have them in their guitars
Shit. Missed it. :(

KStopper65

Reaction score
posted that there was nothing particularly special (ie regular off the shelf parts) about the tone specfifc pickup construction.
Not trying to cross examine Cooljuk here, but can you actually tell if a pickup is made from off the shelf parts?
I mean, won't the wire be far too thin to identify and the magnets have the same size?

ARandall

Reaction score
As in, you think someone can't be an expert in their own field enough to see minute differences easily. Or maybe because you can't tell differences in parts that nobody can??

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Not trying to cross examine Cooljuk here, but can you actually tell if a pickup is made from off the shelf parts?
I mean, won't the wire be far too thin to identify and the magnets have the same size?
Cooljuk is a pickup winder so I am going to assume he knows what he is talking about. If he was full of shit he wouldn't have lasted long around here... people have a good nose for bullshit in this place.

MCT

Reaction score
Cooljuk is a pickup winder so I am going to assume he knows what he is talking about. If he was full of shit he wouldn't have lasted long around here... people have a good nose for bullshit in this place.
Also, compare the forthcoming-ness of the TS website vs Rewind. I’m not knocking TS pickups (never played them), but they specifically avoid giving specific details about their pickups other than “check out this testimonial.”

KStopper65

Reaction score
Cooljuk is a pickup winder so I am going to assume he knows what he is talking about. If he was full of shit he wouldn't have lasted long around here
Also, compare the forthcoming-ness of the TS website vs Rewind. I’m not knocking TS pickups (never played them), but they specifically avoid giving specific details about their pickups other than “check out this testimonial.”
Makes sense i guess. Tone Specific does seem a bit sus

MCT

Reaction score
Makes sense i guess. Tone Specific does seem a bit sus
And again- their pickups may be great, I have no idea. I’m not knocking their pickups. But the marketing is a little sus.

scovell001

Reaction score
And again- their pickups may be great, I have no idea. I’m not knocking their pickups. But the marketing is a little sus.
Couldn’t agree more, there’s something very ‘odd’ about TS - you’ve got videos on the site that show this small workshop, a mojo winder, very small single person cottage industry feel & then the web presence is very ‘sledgehammer - but generic’ & certainly not written by the person making the pickups (as per cooljuk) - I find it ‘peculiar’ - the pups sound decent enough tbh, they just need to find there way into someone’s hand we know and trust for a ‘full’ review - no address or contact details on the site means I won’t go there unfortunately.

update - these 2 reverb listings;Virgil Arlo Pickups

Virgil Arlo copies !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads