Where can you get dummy cabs like these?

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you want to rent, cartage company. Buy? Cabinetmaker.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Google is your friend, and empty cabs are to be found on ebay too. Many on this board recommend Avatar cabs, ahd they will sell you empties.

The question is, why would you want one or more of these? Most of us are trying to "keep the weight down" on our functional gear so it is easier to haul to gigs and practices. Dummy cabs are just dead weight.

corbo

Reaction score
behind the wall of fake stacks , you can have a set up like this
for ultimate effect

Attachments

Gerr

Reaction score
Those are probably real Marshall cabs that had their speakers removed and are just used for "looks".

Unless they do make dummy cabs like that, I would say that to get these on the cheap, but some of-brand cabs, sell or just trash the speakers, then buy a Marshall logo and stick it on the front. From on stage, doubt anyone could tell the difference.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
Google is your friend, and empty cabs are to be found on ebay too. Many on this board recommend Avatar cabs, ahd they will sell you empties.

The question is, why would you want one or more of these? Most of us are trying to "keep the weight down" on our functional gear so it is easier to haul to gigs and practices. Dummy cabs are just dead weight.
These are multi-function. When the gig is over they double as a storage box to put other junk into for carry. It's a win-win.

hecube

Reaction score

It's to decorate the house you dummy.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Guys,

If I were looking for big-a** cabs like that, I would also be looking for some roadies. But, heck, maybe you already have roadies!:)

12watt

Reaction score
It's to decorate the house you dummy.
If it is to decorate, why not just use actual cabinets and wire them in. If I'm gonna have big ugly speaker cabs around the house, I want them able to make noise.

2themax

Reaction score
For the about the price of one dummy cab you could build a whole fake front with some particle board, tolex, and cheap grill cloth material (fabric store). You can buy replacement plastic Marshall or whatever emblems. Plus you don't have go full thickness and save a lot of wall space (unless you are looking for storage).

If you want empty cabs check eBay - there are quite few vendors that sell them covered or in raw wood. If you're not using them for speakers I'd go with particle board or pine.

Syrus

Reaction score
...But wait there's more:
Immortal :headbanger:

My fav
4 times the look :laugh2:

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Avatar Speakers, Lopo Line, Mojo Tone. Just to name a few.

ARandall

Reaction score
I'm glad someone posted that marshall cab facade. Thats a classic.