Where can I buy pickup magnets? (NO Crazyparts because of very bad customer service)

bosnialove

Reaction score
Just like the title says. Where can I buy pickup magnets? I need A2, A3, A4 and A5, all long and short.

I want to change the magnets in my 2003 Brazilian LP pickups... A little experiment with the magnets! :)

I dont want to order from Crazyparts because of realy bad customer service, so bad, it is pathetic. They dont give me even the change to order, even though they are the cause of the whole problem.. I have proof of everything, if someone cares to know the full story, I will be glad to post it here. Crazyparts themselves will probably also bite and chime in just to protect their sorry ass.

MiniB

Reaction score
What are the basic/go-to sizes for humbuckers, in terms of inches?

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a aluminium stop tail from them, took a while but all good, my main gripe is their stuff is expensive.

Dazza

Reaction score
Buying magnets from a known winder gives more reassurance of what it is you're buying. Especially winders who are members here.

Otherwise I like philadelphialuthier and Crazyparts for their service & fees.

Concerning your other point I've got many items off Crazyparts over the years and never an issue. It can be confusing they have different prices on their direct site compared to their Ebay - where some items can have multiple values depending on the currency used. However the prices and their flat combined postage fee has often been my best option. I'm in Canada and typically US vendors will charge more than double for postage than Crazyparts, and do not combine items.

Buying 1 item with postage these days just aint cheap. I wait until I 'need' several things.

Daz

ARandall

Reaction score
I wonder if this thread isn't just an excuse to relate a bad experience without necessarily seeming like you are complaining as the main event.....the 'br'er rabbit' method.

Most people after a location to buy things would simply ask the question without the histrionics, and simply filter out the responses they don't want.

goldtop0

Reaction score
I wonder if this thread isn't just an excuse to relate a bad experience without necessarily seeming like you are complaining as the main event.....the 'br'er rabbit' method.

Most people after a location to buy things would simply ask the question without the histrionics, and simply filter out the responses they don't want.

You seem to have a penchant for critique and(sometimes) put forward an uninformed observation in a post as I've noted here on the forum, minus any offering of positive or constructive input to the thread. Why is that?

Throbak magnets are the best quality I've found, and they're a good to deal with.

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
^ In this case yes, you have hit the nail on the head.

I would be interested to see even 1 other case where I had done that.....generally I make a point of offering advice before the critique (either of OP or other opinions/facts).
But with some personalities you know it is a lost cause in many cases. This is one such case where its once bitten twice shy.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I've had many good transactions with Crazyparts and just recently got my second set of Beastbuckers...never an issue.

goldtop0

Reaction score
^ In this case yes, you have hit the nail on the head.

I would be interested to see even 1 other case where I had done that.....generally I make a point of offering advice before the critique (either of OP or other opinions/facts).
But with some personalities you know it is a lost cause in many cases. This is one such case where its once bitten twice shy.

Admittedly, it's not presuming, but assessing as to the intent of a post, OP's thread(or whatever other comment is made). A subjective opinion is all we make unless blindingly obvious otherwise, with a respectful and measured reply in all cases I think.

ARandall

Reaction score
Indeed. I do try and do what you have said.....where the person I am responding to has not already shown a pattern of behavior where you just know a subtext is guaranteed to be implied.

Anyhow.....I'll bow out now.

Latest Threads