Where are all the good villains?

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing the latest 007 flick. There was a lot to like about the series but one thing, there was just one good villain, Le Chiffre.
In the original 007 movies Spectre was almost a business, cold and efficient, not partying like frat boys on Spring Break in Cuba. Blofeld, Goldfinger, Largo and Rosa Klebb we’re all memorable for me.
And it’s not just Bond films but most movies that drop the ball with the bad guy, it’s like the studios don’t want to insult someone.

A good story needs a great villain more than it needs a great hero.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think Ledgers Joker,... and maybe Darth Vader,.. were the last good villains.

I struggle to think of any memorable ones. Movies today are all just Mcguffins and cookie-cutter antagonists.

and seriously Marvel wtf is up with your portal obsession? Every movie has magical portals that spit out shit. :laugh2: ... talk about overused plot devices.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score

I struggle to think of any memorable ones. Movies today are all just Mcguffins and cookie-cutter antagonists.

and seriously Marvel wtf is up with your portal obsession? Every movie has magical portals that spit out shit. :laugh2: ... talk about overused plot devices.
They did give ONE of the portals a great name
1637687320019.png

THE DEVILS ANUS

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Walking Dead had some good ones early on, power hungry guys who thought they were doing good, or the Termites doing bad for survival. Even Rick could be considered a bad guy at times.
John Wick has some memorable ones, including Wick himself.

Olds442

Reaction score
they had no problem making the scarred arab the bad guy no? hmm?

otherwise hollywierd sticks us with aliens, zombies or the occasional nazis.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I was hanging out with my 22 year old son last night and we were discussing Bond and he said "I think my favorite was the one with the ski jump..."

My favorite Bond scene, ever:

peobryant

Reaction score

1637695453891.png

If you haven't seen it, you should watch No Country For Old Men, Anton Chigurh is a fantastic villian.

Latest Threads