When's the last time you saw a Strat with a headstock repair?

Thrill

Reaction score
Thats actually pretty impressive. Try to do that with a Les Paul style neck and it would snap like a twig before you got both feet on it.

Comes down to headstock angle. The Fender style necks are basically a straight plank of wood, cut straight, with the grain running all the way through. A Gibson style neck has the steep angle, and the grain gets cut short, so its inherently weaker.

Guess the solution is, just dont stand on your Gibson neck lol

Thrill

Reaction score
The wear is all painted on. For a $25K+ "replica", that's pretty flakey.
Painted on relic? Like instead of just sanding through the paint to the wood to mimic wear, they just painted over the paint to look like its worn to wood? Thats incredibly shady, considering thats probably not a guitar you can just walk into a store and pick one off the rack and inspect in person. I would be pissed about that on an $800 Mexican Roadworn, nevermind a $25k custom shop replica of a famous guitar.

Lloyd_m

Reaction score
Painted on relic? Like instead of just sanding through the paint to the wood to mimic wear, they just painted over the paint to look like its worn to wood? Thats incredibly shady, considering thats probably not a guitar you can just walk into a store and pick one off the rack and inspect in person. I would be pissed about that on an $800 Mexican Roadworn, nevermind a $25k custom shop replica of a famous guitar.
Don't search for the Joe Strummer Tele sig then. The finish is like a giant sticker replicating the wear of the original :eek:. I could literally stretch it :facepalm:. Utter disappointment.
At least you get actual paint here :D.

Last edited: