When You've Thought It Couldn't Get Worse...

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
If I had a room, with a wall full of guitars and a floor full of amps and a shelf full of dragons.

I might want one of these to add to the collection.

But realistically. I'll never own one of these.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
If they were $600 Tributes they might sell a few.

At 5 Grand we separate the boys from the Fanboys.
im thinking thats why they will only make 25 of each while churning out tributes and selling them as fast as they can make them.there has to be a moral to that story somewhere...

Cjsinla

Reaction score
That paint job is so hideous I didn’t even notice the split diamond or block inlays until someone mentioned it.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Super 74 pickups? Makes me think of the Super Humbucker from the 70’s that was epoxy filled.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
At a loss for adequate words. None of them would indicate a good idea. Everything chromed is so wrong.

I too thought German flag on the one.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Gibson REALLY doesn't know how to do weird correctly. Ibanez makes weird stuff that's cool. Gibson makes weird stuff that just hurts my eyes.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Leave Henry alone he's trying to save Gibson here. Are you guys gonna stick you nose up at the Facts of Life and Knots Landing guitars debuting next month too? Sheez respect that he's spending long hours in the office to think up these things
Shouldn't this post be in purple? :cool2:

HearHear

Reaction score
Street Race is quite handsome........... I predict these won't last long in production, especially at that price point, which will make them rare and super valuable in the future.

americanstandardtele

Reaction score
Well, Gibson is very close to filing bankruptcy, according to today's news, so there you go. I hope PRS buys them, and installs their QC process, maybe the brand can be rescued.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Well, Gibson is very close to filing bankruptcy, according to today's news, so there you go. I hope PRS buys them, and installs their QC process, maybe the brand can be rescued.
Martin should buy them. They have been family owned since 1833.

They too are making too many guitar models, but seem to be doing well enough.

Cygnus X-1

Reaction score
Leave Henry alone he's trying to save Gibson here. Are you guys gonna stick you nose up at the Facts of Life and Knots Landing guitars debuting next month too? Sheez respect that he's spending long hours in the office to think up these things
Knots Landing. Brilliant. Bravo.

Censport

Reaction score
Street Race is quite handsome........... I predict these won't last long in production, especially at that price point, which will make them rare and super valuable in the future.
Yeah the Street Race is the one I kinda like. But only if it were on clearance.

Like, way-below-factory-cost-clearance. I doubt GC is gonna go that low.

Chemo

Reaction score
Street racing. Great theme to connect to your guitars Gibson! I've got another completely new and mindblowing concept: simple rock n roll guitars of great quality!

Seriously, this makes me sad...

syrinx

Reaction score
I initially had the same response as most folks here. I will say though, while it is not my style- the paint is unique and shows the form of the guitar in an interesting way. I would rather see it as cherry sunburst upper, blueberry stripe, and burbon burst or amber bottom- now that would be interesting!

GT40

Reaction score
I like the A Team and Super Hero ones. I would get one if I didn't already have a Les Paul. Pricing looks to be about the same as other CS Customs, most of which are way more boring.

Still, if the doom and gloom brigade get their greatest wish and Gibson goes under, we won't have to worry about any new Les Pauls at all. Even really boring, rehashed 70 year old ideas over and over again.

Last edited: