When You've Thought It Couldn't Get Worse...

algs911

Reaction score
No. You shouldn’t do that to anything.
Oh, don't get me wrong my friend! I would NOT do THIS to my cheap-o guitar. I meant modifying with paint, designs, etc... I've seen back-yard paint jobs that look way more cool than these.

GySgtFTL

Reaction score
What is needed is a really, really, really, no-fooling this time, I really mean it, the real deal, better than all the others, true, genuine, real, Historic Les Paul and price it at about 20k. That is what is needed.

bluesondoor

Reaction score
Hate or love the designs, the price is ridiculous. These and all others of the type need to start at 2999. Most retailers would only be able to come down to 3800 or 4000 on these to clear margins, right? No one is paying even that.

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I bet most retailers will be hesitant on ordering one of these. What is Gibson protocol on guitars that dont sell? Do they strip the finish off and redo it with a more popular coat? I can see these being redone in white and black in the future.

dissaffected

Reaction score
These guitars may represent the death rattles of HJ's tenure. Unbelievably bad decision to produce these.

Pesh

Reaction score
Total waste of money and a terrible idea, IMO. What the heck is the Custom Shop smoking?

ivandolz

Reaction score
I could understand just one model as a future collectible, as it was the Zoot or the Robot guitar. They tend to increase value and appeal with time but... THIS? And also 5 different models... It does not even make sense as a collectible.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I bet most retailers will be hesitant on ordering one of these. What is Gibson protocol on guitars that dont sell? Do they strip the finish off and redo it with a more popular coat? I can see these being redone in white and black in the future.
Maybe. I love white SGs. GC had some exclusive one a few months ago and maybe still do. Then I started reading the reviews and people were reporting that the white finish was over a cherry finish and flaking off. Needless to say I didn't buy one and instead bought a cherryburst from Sweetwater.

judson

Reaction score
omg...those are beautiful, i want one of each

said nobody

actually if Gibson was paying me to play one, it would be Bell Bottom

but Gibson does pay me......they pay me NOT to play Gibsons in public cuz i suck!!

Last edited:

Tobaccoburst83

Reaction score
Instead of bringing out some real nice instruments, they bring out the 485th LP Custom in a finish nobody won't buy. Price tags are around 5.000USD... great.