When selling a cab....

Big John

teeth are optional
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...make sure the speakers are wired in phase.

Went to check out a Marshall 1936 cab yesterday. Dude said it got water damaged during a house fire. He gave it to his buddy to pull out the rotten batting on the inside (huh, no Marshall cab has factory batting). When he got it back, there was no low end coming out of the speakers. So I picked it up for $100 and brought it home. Pulled off the rear baffle and...the speakers were wired out of phase. And speaking of the speakers...UK Greenback/V30 combo. Flipped two wires, fired it up, and got great tone. Wiped everything down with Clorox wipes. Best deal I've had in years. Casters, too.

Big John

teeth are optional
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I couldn't save the grill cloth. The dude must've used some heavy duty solvent to partially get rid of the mold from the water damage. When I gently rubbed it with a Clorox wipe for the rest of the mold, the weave disintegrated. So in the interest of being a tight wad, I will not be spending ~$35 to get the correct grill cloth to make the cab stock. I've got some leftover blue-black stuff. Different is good.

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score
No pics?! Yer killin' me! Nice score.

Latest Threads