When Did Gibson Open A Factory In China?

ext1jdh

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFFvrHHct70]YouTube - Guitar Factory China electric & acoustic guitars manufacture[/ame]

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Our governments really need to crack down on this crap by telling China that all future trade deals are off the table until they do something to reign these scumbags in. They're a totalitarian government for God's sake and could easily crack down if they had any incentive to do so. Unfortunately, they do not currently have any incentive to take action but threatening trade would certainly give them that incentive.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our governments really need to crack down on this crap by telling China that all future trade deals are off the table until they do something to reign these scumbags in. They're a totalitarian government for God's sake and could easily crack down if they had any incentive to do so. Unfortunately, they do not currently have any incentive to take action but threatening trade would certainly give them that incentive.

Agreed. And it's on us too, to STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP. To the extent possible, at this point. And to think, when I was born, you could live your entire life without ever owning anything that wasn't made in North America. :(

Chrislespaul

Reaction score
I actually have 2 chinese guitars. My first guitar was a Squier Bullet strat (chinese) and my second an epi les paul plus top. That may be the chinese Gibson factory, as Epiphones are made in China under licence of Gibson USA. The quality of the guitar is actually surprisingly good considering it is a quarter of the price of a Gibson.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Gibson:
Like buying a Mustang Cobra. It's expensive but it's freaking nice, all the amenities. Attention to detail is prevalent. It's dead sexy, and it knows it.

Epiphone:
Like buying a 6 cylinder Mustang. It's a lot cheaper but it sure looks like other Mustangs. Worksmanship isn't as good, but you're also paying a lot less. It'll get you from A to B and it can be fun at times, but it's certainly not top-of-the-line.

Fake:
Like buying a 68 VW Bug that has a fiberglass Mustang body bolted to the frame. It kinda looks a little bit like a Mustang but after looking at it for a second, no one really believes it's a Mustang, and it smells funny.

sFLsniper

Reaction score
Fake:
Like buying a 68 VW Bug that has a fiberglass Mustang body bolted to the frame. It kinda looks a little bit like a Mustang but after looking at it for a second, no one really believes it's a Mustang, and it smells funny.

:laugh2: and you dont want to be seen driving it!

redcoats1976

Reaction score
Gibson:
Like buying a Mustang Cobra. It's expensive but it's freaking nice, all the amenities. Attention to detail is prevalent. It's dead sexy, and it knows it.

Epiphone:
Like buying a 6 cylinder Mustang. It's a lot cheaper but it sure looks like other Mustangs. Worksmanship isn't as good, but you're also paying a lot less. It'll get you from A to B and it can be fun at times, but it's certainly not top-of-the-line.

Fake:

oh come on...that cobra rolls down the assembly line just like a 6 cylinder does.and the newest 6 puts out 304 horsepower stock,it might get real interesting with a turbo.

PINKBITS

Reaction score
Our governments really need to crack down on this crap by telling China that all future trade deals are off the table until they do something to reign these scumbags in.

China currently owns your Government ;)

King Loudness

Reaction score
Their typos and bad grammar extend to the guitars themselves. I've had the chance to examine quite a few, and sometimes, they will have a Gibson sticker applied to the back control plate. They attempt to copy the slogan "Bench Tested, Builder Approved" on this sticker, but all of the ones that I have seen say something along the lines of "Bcnch Tesred, Bukckit Aproved".

Latest Threads