When did any Gibson artist sound so happy about his signature guitar model?

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that Frampton has commented in public and to me personally on one of the occasions that I've met him how much he likes his signature model (not "The Phenix). He has a few and he still uses them on tour.
With the difference that Frampton is one of the most genuine, cool and humble guys in the planet, and he really still enjoy making music and stuff...

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Let's start here:
Why not in the Fender sub-section?
:naughty:

:D

Seems like he's the one who brought the project to Fender
(" (...) if Fender would be interested to do it (...)".

I don't know how it happened with Gibson but if he was approached
by Gibson for the first and ensuing JP Les Paul's I can see how the interest
and implication would be different with this project with Fender.

We don't have an A/B of his reactions so, any take on it is a possibility.
:D

And let's face it. What other project that lead to a result did he have
in the last years that could have provoked any excitement in his life?
:fingersx:

Breezin

Reaction score
Not an insult but I believe his excitement is proportionate to the money he expects to or has already made. Just my 2 cents. Let the flaming begin
Not meant to be a flame.

I seriously doubt he is hurting for money,more likely its out of boredom.
If you were in your 70's and sitting on a few hundred Million,
would you be doing this for the cash?

Last edited:

Midnight Blues

Premium Member
Reaction score
With the difference that Frampton is one of the most genuine, cool and humble guys in the planet, and he really still enjoy making music and stuff...
Good point PM and very true.

fleahead

Reaction score
Tony Iommi loved his. We were lucky because we were able to recreate the pickups that were on his old custom SG. We couldn't get to the builder of that to get info on how they were built because he's serving a life sentence for murdering his wife. And our R&D only had three days to figure it out (JB Riboloff was a genius) because his tech Mike Clement flew over with the guitar but had to get it back by then. And he liked them better than what Duncan or anyone else had tried so that was a feather in our cap.
stageandstudio_inthestudio_gallery_tonyandrig.jpg
Iommi5.jpg
Tony Mike and Scott.gif
WP_004010.jpg

Paul46

Reaction score
Sorry to stray a little off topic, but who is the builder serving the life sentence?

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
I remember reading that Steve Howe was pretty pleased with his signature ES-175.

whipman

Reaction score
I wonder if part of the heritage includes being in the room when Bonzo took a dump in that chicks shoe?

Travis19

Reaction score
In interviews Warren Haynes has said that he uses his on tour. I assume that probably means that he likes them. He talks about it a bit in the Fretboard Journal article.

fleahead

Reaction score
Sorry to stray a little off topic, but who is the builder serving the life sentence?
John Birch, but as I just checked, he's dead now. Could have been John Diggins. Pretty foggy

Last edited:

Les Paul John

Reaction score
Truthfully Mr. Page is getting old and he has a legacy. I’m sure he wants to leave something behind for guitar players with his name on it. I’m also sure the extra check helps but realistically his recent remastered Led Zeppelin reissues has made him more than Fender is going to pay for this.

Rotorhead

Reaction score
No one can claim the excitement about a signature line like Esteban does! But yeah...not Gibson...but still!