What's your opinion of the White custom over the black.

White or Black Custom

• White

Votes: 62 37.8%
  • Black

Votes: 102 62.2%

• Total voters

Reaction score
midnight-blues-albums-my-pictures-picture36894-l-r-pf-654-1972-lp-le-1976-lp-deluxe.jpg

I love that 54/72 :cool:

elcajon64

Reaction score
I always think of the video for Social Distiortion's "Story of my Lfe" when the White / Ebony Custom discussion is brought up. This video was shot right after the Sony money started rolling in, and shows Mike Ness Playing a white Custom and Dennis playing a black one.

hiJack

Reaction score
I really love the look of the black custom, and for the Randy look I love the White custom. However I know that Randy's Custom was aged and had that yellowy look to it. And I have heard that the white is kind of hair metal which is not the look I am going for. I love the look of Sykes Custom too though. I was curious to your opinions. And added the poll as well.
Thanks so much and I know I am annoying with my posts when i get into something.

I like White because its simple and pure but if you are an awesome player, it makes the guitar shine !

:dude:

Ed Zeppeli

Reaction score
Black seems to be the de facto but I really dig the white.

It won't seem Hair Metal if that's not what you're playing. It's classy if you ask me!

Good luck,

Warren

rjshare

Reaction score
i like the white ones when they are white but not when they look like a smokers fingernails so it would be black for me.

guitarbob123

Reaction score
Hey man, I posted on ultimate-guitar after seeing your post on there. I posted pics of my black les paul custom, it's fairly obvious which one I chose :L

I'd choose black but I definitely want a white one at some point. Randy is probably my favourite player.

Jeff

Reaction score
I like white pretty well, but I REALLY like the looks of a black custom.

Metal

Reaction score
I play metal (thrash) and most of my guitars are black (Jacksons, ESPs) when I recently decided to buy a Gibson Custom I had to go with aged White. If it will not be your main axe and more like a studio instrument it must be white.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that 54/72 :cool:

Thanks 437!!!!

:cheers:
Midnight Blues

1972 LP Custom (1954 Black Beauty "Fretless Wonder" LE)
1976 LP Deluxe
2011 Peter Frampton Les Paul (PF 654)
2008 Alex Lifeson Inspired By ES-355 (AL 028)
2001 Fender American Stratocaster
Martin D-35
Washburn D10S Acoustic
Dean Markley Strings (Reg. 10-46 gauge)
Marshall MG50DFX
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS-2
Vox V848 "Clyde McCoy" Wah Wah
Fulltone "Soul Bender"
Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone PlimSoul
Morley Volume Pedal
Boss DD7 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Marshall CAT Tuner

roodyrocker

Reaction score
They both look great to me, but when I look at mine side-by-side, I prefer the white one.

Don't mean to get too far from the point, but I think Pelham Blue LPCs look smooth as well...

DSC_5679.jpg

Thanks! That Pelham Blue Custom happens to be mine. Its a 68 Reissue. I like unusual colored LPC's, especially in blue or purple. Between white and black, which I like both, the white is perhaps the ultimate LPC. Rhoads elevated it to the classiest looking LP IMHO :) Makes no difference whether you play metal or anything else.

Rudy

PoonMasterMaster

Reaction score
I used to prefer the whites, but after I got a white LP, it got old quickly. That's why I modify mine so heavily xD
I'd go with black

CaseyJr.

Reaction score
I would love to have that white Marshall, and that aged Custom. Only stark white LP I like is the studio with the gold hardware.

Reaction score
Thanks! That Pelham Blue Custom happens to be mine. Its a 68 Reissue. I like unusual colored LPC's, especially in blue or purple. Between white and black, which I like both, the white is perhaps the ultimate LPC. Rhoads elevated it to the classiest looking LP IMHO :) Makes no difference whether you play metal or anything else.

Rudy

Small world :rofl: I ran through Google images to find an example of what I was talking about, and whataya know. Nice fiddle for sure!

roodyrocker

Reaction score
I would love to have that white Marshall, and that aged Custom. Only stark white LP I like is the studio with the gold hardware.

I'm just messin' with ya :) A couple years ago I picked up off E-Bay a white limited edition LP with black binding, Ebony board, and factory EMG's. It was not a LPC either. Its a LP Classic.
BpvBs2kKGrHqMH-D8EuGm7lNbWBLsoohZE5Q_12.jpg

BpvBWQQCGkKGrHqQH-DQEufz5LMlQBLsonC638Q_12.jpg

Rudy

CaseyJr.

Reaction score
Me want, with black binding that makes the guitar better. Not to mention ebony!

Latest Threads