What's your opinion of the White custom over the black.

White or Black Custom

• White

Votes: 62 37.8%
  • Black

Votes: 102 62.2%

• Total voters

Ides of March

Reaction score
I really love the look of the black custom, and for the Randy look I love the White custom. However I know that Randy's Custom was aged and had that yellowy look to it. And I have heard that the white is kind of hair metal which is not the look I am going for. I love the look of Sykes Custom too though. I was curious to your opinions. And added the poll as well.
Thanks so much and I know I am annoying with my posts when i get into something.

Benjammin

Reaction score
I think they both look nice. I prefer 3 pickup models, which I've never seen in white, so I would have to say I prefer black on that basis. Though Randy sure does make me want a white Custom, he did also own a black too though
6oy5gtt.jpg

Ides of March

Reaction score
I think they both look nice. I prefer 3 pickup models, which I've never seen in white, so I would have to say I prefer black on that basis. Though Randy sure does make me want a white Custom, he did also own a black too though
6oy5gtt.jpg

Oh yeah I forgot he had a black one. I am not getting the 3 pickup one though. But other than Randy I have not seen anyone really sporting the white one either now that I think about it.

outskirts of infinity

Reaction score
When it comes to Les Pauls...

Burst > Goldtop > Ebony > Wine > Granny Pink > Geckoburst Puke Green > White.

If that answers your question.

White looks good... on a strat. Not on a Les Paul.

Dirtyclinic

Reaction score
You probably aren't into Manic Street Preachers but James from the band uses the white one and I love the band and the man
jamesbradfield.jpg

landonblevins1995

Reaction score
brand new i like black better but i like the look of the faded/yellowed white on customs more than any other color

Ides of March

Reaction score
When it comes to Les Pauls...

Burst > Goldtop > Ebony > Wine > Granny Pink > Geckoburst Puke Green > White.

If that answers your question.

White looks good... on a strat. Not on a Les Paul.

Right, which is why there aren't any white standards lol. yeah I have dark features and not sure how much the white will contrast with me, like I don't want it to stand out too much, I prefer the yellowy look more than alpine white.

landonblevins1995

Reaction score
Me too but the fact that it's not gonna fade for awhile come into play too. And I am not paying to age it.

go for used. you can get them for cheaper (usually) and they'll either be faded or closer to being faded.

If you smoke i hear it happens faster. And you also get a little closer to :slash: tone :laugh2:

Ides of March

Reaction score
go for used. you can get them for cheaper (usually) and they'll either be faded or closer to being faded.

If you smoke i hear it happens faster. And you also get a little closer to :slash: tone :laugh2:

Ha right on. Well I am a lefty which kinda kills alot of choices for me unfortunately.

Ides of March

Reaction score
They both look great to me, but when I look at mine side-by-side, I prefer the white one.

Don't mean to get too far from the point, but I think Pelham Blue LPCs look smooth as well...

DSC_5679.jpg

Wow never seen that color before, that's really nice.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer Black over White (as evidenced below), but I like them both. When Gibson and Les developed the Custom, Les said he wanted something that looked classy like a Tuxedo, hence, the '54 Black Beauty Fretless Wonder.

midnight-blues-albums-my-pictures-picture36894-l-r-pf-654-1972-lp-le-1976-lp-deluxe.jpg

I think they both look nice. I prefer 3 pickup models, which I've never seen in white

Three Pickup White Custom:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLJr4tjw_w]‪Peter Frampton 1975 Nowhere's Too Far For My Baby‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Midnight Blues

1972 LP Custom (1954 Black Beauty "Fretless Wonder" LE)
1976 LP Deluxe
2011 Peter Frampton Les Paul (PF 654)
2008 Alex Lifeson Inspired By ES-355 (AL 028)
2001 Fender American Stratocaster
Martin D-35
Washburn D10S Acoustic
Dean Markley Strings (Reg. 10-46 gauge)
Marshall MG50DFX
Marshall MG15
Marshall MS-2
Vox V848 "Clyde McCoy" Wah Wah
Fulltone "Soul Bender"
Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone PlimSoul