What's your Les Paul neck preference?

Repo251

Reaction score
slim taper or slim D... cant shred on a baseball neck, but i reckon the fatter necks sound better...

Spyderg0d

Reaction score
Not really learned on necks,. But my 60s slim tapered is very thin wide and fast where my 59 rounded is difficult to adjust to being extremely deep, thinner fretboard and tighter, even with my monstrous hands. I find either somewhat easy to get used to, or adjust to well, rather quick despite feeling polar opposites. Probably because the actual fretboard is extremely close in dimension despite the necks being miles apart.

afireinside

Reaction score
Ive really honed in on 2014 Traditional LP necks. They are big 50s with big shoulders. I have 2 so far.

Also the Fender American Original 50s necks are right there also. 0.9" 1st fret and 1.0 12th fret

Just got a Allparts Fat neck for a partscaster 1.0" 1st and 12th feels great but need to file the nut slots

ADP

Reaction score
The Clapton or Joe Walsh model reissues.

eigentone

Reaction score
My #1 has a '59 profile. I also owned an R4 which is another profile I really like.

LCW

Reaction score
My 50s Standard is probably the best I’ve ever felt. Nice and rounded but not chunky or fat. It’s perfect. I need to measure it so I know its exact specs for depth and width at 1st and 12th.

GermHerm

Reaction score
I like '59 LP necks with little shoulders. However, I'm fine with most of necks. There is one exception: Very slim necks which are found on many 'Super Strats'.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
60s slim taper and a 50s rounded suit me fine...I like variety.

goldtop0

Reaction score
Fat as for me so baseball bat is the best description.

Wise Guy

Reaction score
Any really. I'm honestly not even sure which I prefer. From my slim taper Standard 60's to the rounded 50's profile of my chunky SG Classic.... I go through phases where sometimes I prefer thin, and sometimes I prefer thick.
Now rarely do I ever want to play a neck that's Wizard thin though. Those are way too thin for my liking and can cramp my hand.

Stealthracer

Reaction score
Love a nice chunky 50s baseball bat!

Best neck I ever had was on a '00 R9, but poverty dictated that I didn't keep it very long. Now the only thick neck I have is on a 50s reissue Strat.

West 8th ST NyC

Reaction score
Not really learned on necks,. But my 60s slim tapered is very thin wide and fast where my 59 rounded is difficult to adjust to being extremely deep, thinner fretboard and tighter, even with my monstrous hands. I find either somewhat easy to get used to, or adjust to well, rather quick despite feeling polar opposites. Probably because the actual fretboard is extremely close in dimension despite the necks being miles apart.
Is the 60s fret board a little wider and have a wider nut too ?