Whats your favorite pickups/pickups at the moment

Reaction score
right now Im really liking the combination of a Gibson P90 with an SG body :dude:
Ain't nothing wrong at all with that :thumb: I've been kicking around the idea of modding my faded SG for a pair of P-90's, but I really like the 490r/a5 496R/a4 combo I've got in it now.

Benjammin

Reaction score
Ain't nothing wrong at all with that :thumb: I've been kicking around the idea of modding my faded SG for a pair of P-90's, but I really like the 490r/a5 496R/a4 combo I've got in it now.
I just picked up a limited run Classic, but before I came across that one, I was thinking of getting a Faded and putting in Duncan P-Rails. That way you could get a P90 or full humbucker (in series or parallel no less) just an idea ;)

Benjammin

Reaction score
I just found out today that the pickup routes on the Classic are big enough for full size HBs, I may still go ahead with that

Benjammin

Reaction score
If you decide to unload the P-90's, let me know.
will do, if/when I end up with new pickups, Ill be selling the stock ones. Its just a matter of finding a pickguard (i dont know if the routes are compatible with those of a SG Standard pickguard)

JamesG

Reaction score
I really like two '57 classics. 490r/498t that's in my studio in close 2nd.

Reaction score
Im still blown away by my WB '67 Greens in my historic.

For my Strat, its Stephensdesign Texas '59's

Charvel, its Duncan JB's for the bridge, '59's for the neck

Three completely different guitars, and the above pups give me just what I need.

The Riffer

Reaction score
Gibson 57/57+ is my favorite go to set.

Also like a BB1/2 combo.

WCR Darkburst were pretty spectacular in my LP also.

Kristofferpence

Reaction score
got some that probably no one on this post uses. if your into old PAF copy's, go look up sheptone handwound pickups. all pickups handwired by Jeff Shepherd out of Burley, Washington. these are the most amazing PAF pickups i have ever tried, very well balanced with the midrane and low and high end. these are extremely warm pickups. s h e p t o n e . c o m : : : : : : Vintage Style

Benjammin

Reaction score
got some that probably no one on this post uses. if your into old PAF copy's, go look up sheptone handwound pickups. all pickups handwired by Jeff Shepherd out of Burley, Washington. these are the most amazing PAF pickups i have ever tried, very well balanced with the midrane and low and high end. these are extremely warm pickups. s h e p t o n e . c o m : : : : : : Vintage Style
I think theres more than a few players around here with Sheptone pickups :hmm:

Latest Threads